11-01-2012 12:00 PM
I've done that too, have to make sure I change the date to post now. They take forever it seems. I just had a thread on it about a week ago.
11-01-2012 12:42 PM
11-01-2012 01:02 PM
After going around in circles with GECRB, this is what I've learned.
1. Only make one payment per statement period. They have pointed out that it is in my agreement with them that they can hold subsequent payments up to 21 BUSINESS days. (and they will, even if you "push" it through from your bank)
2. My statement cuts on the 17 (or 18th or 19th) every month. I make darn sure to have that payment made by the tenth. Then, I don't touch it until it cuts. This severely limits my use of their card, but I don't like the games they play.
3. As stated earlier, when making a payment, make sure to double check the date that you are setting it for. It will revert to the payment due date.
4. If they can find a way to trip you up, they will.
11-01-2012 01:05 PM
You would think that as fast as GE are in reporting your new account they would be as quick in posting payments. To be honest, they are also slow in posting charges to the account too. I guess it would bother me if I intended on carrying a balance or had a high util. In my phone call to the CSR, I did ask what happened if for some reason the statement cut and the payment had not 'back' posted ? Her reply was that any late fees and/or interest would be reversed on the next statement. I could see that as a recipe for disaster.
Like I said before - pay at least 4- 5 days before your statement.
11-01-2012 01:21 PM
Paying earlier is your best option. However IME the date i selected for payment on the walmart site is the date that shows on my statement. The payment shows pending for up to 3 days before it hits my checking account. So there appears to be a float for me.
11-02-2012 05:54 AM
Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more
FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.