Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart store card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Walmart store card

What does walmart like to see on the store card? Pif, Carry a small balance, or pif before statement cut date? I am wanting to assure cli increases when time comes. First time i used card I just pif before statement. Was this a wise move, according to walmart? Thanks.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: Walmart store card

@Anonymous wrote:
What does walmart like to see on the store card? Pif, Carry a small balance, or pif before statement cut date? I am wanting to assure cli increases when time comes. First time i used card I just pif before statement. Was this a wise move, according to walmart? Thanks.

I only got a Walmart card because it is supposed to be a good thing to have a store card in the credit mix. I get 100-125 increases via the website every 4 months. Started at 500 now a whopping 975. Trick for me is to never ever let them give me their Discover card. Last thing I need is a low limit cc and the loss of the store card. doesn't matter if you run the bill all the way up and pay it down or never use the card at all. I get the same CLI no matter what I do.
Message 2 of 5
Trishco
Frequent Contributor

@smallfry wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I only got a Walmart card because it is supposed to be a good thing to have a store card in the credit mix. I get 100-125 increases via the website every 4 months. Started at 500 now a whopping 975. Trick for me is to never ever let them give me their Discover card. Last thing I need is a low limit cc and the loss of the store card. doesn't matter if you run the bill all the way up and pay it down or never use the card at all. I get the same CLI no matter what I do.

Are they giving you a hard inquiry every time? 
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had one or two cli's on my walmart card, and no hard inquiries.
Message 4 of 5
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Never a hard pull. Not even a soft pull for that matter.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.