New Contributor
Flatbroke_Again

Walmart store card

What does walmart like to see on the store card? Pif, Carry a small balance, or pif before statement cut date? I am wanting to assure cli increases when time comes. First time i used card I just pif before statement. Was this a wise move, according to walmart? Thanks.
Alcohol--Tobacco--- & Firearms
Should be a convenience store, NOT a government agency!!!
Senior Contributor
smallfry

Re: Walmart store card

Flatbroke_Again wrote:
What does walmart like to see on the store card? Pif, Carry a small balance, or pif before statement cut date? I am wanting to assure cli increases when time comes. First time i used card I just pif before statement. Was this a wise move, according to walmart? Thanks.

I only got a Walmart card because it is supposed to be a good thing to have a store card in the credit mix. I get 100-125 increases via the website every 4 months. Started at 500 now a whopping 975. Trick for me is to never ever let them give me their Discover card. Last thing I need is a low limit cc and the loss of the store card. doesn't matter if you run the bill all the way up and pay it down or never use the card at all. I get the same CLI no matter what I do.
Frequent Contributor
Trishco

smallfry wrote:

Flatbroke_Again wrote:

I only got a Walmart card because it is supposed to be a good thing to have a store card in the credit mix. I get 100-125 increases via the website every 4 months. Started at 500 now a whopping 975. Trick for me is to never ever let them give me their Discover card. Last thing I need is a low limit cc and the loss of the store card. doesn't matter if you run the bill all the way up and pay it down or never use the card at all. I get the same CLI no matter what I do.

Are they giving you a hard inquiry every time? 
Regular Contributor
soccermomof4

I've had one or two cli's on my walmart card, and no hard inquiries.
TU=564 EQ=??? EX=??? 4/4/06
TU=643 EQ=625 EX=618 1/24/08
TU=678 EQ=651 EX=665 10/24/08
TU=694 EQ=669 EX=??? 9/24/09
TU=706 EQ=691 EX=??? 10/8/09
CH7 BK 2001
Senior Contributor
smallfry

Never a hard pull. Not even a soft pull for that matter.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+