Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart store credit card: research

tag
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

Re: Walmart store credit card: research

congrats on all approvals!!!

was approved instantly on 8/11 for 600 limit.(2 paid charge offs from 2007. 1 paid utility collection on TU) letter said TU score of 675.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 41 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tu 674 fako 694

ex 633 credit sesame (inaccurate data)

eq ??? Must be bad since I got denied when eq was pulled

gecrb 465 (up to 620)

walmart store card 600 6th line in 7 mos 22.9 pif (latest)

tu pulled again. Most of the apps were due to scores on tu 

BML 760 (not a fixed limit just a line)(first unsecured line of credit)(all standard charges pif)

amazon store 1700 24.99 pif on charges due, installment on eligible items

gap store 700 24.99 pif every month

discover more platinum 1000 18.99 (0% till 2014)

cu secured 1000 (11.9)(going to pif this month)

(about time to increase my limit on cu visa for higher limit on other accounts)

denied: chase/amex bce/cu visa( not for self employed)

declined offer: cap one plat mc 24.9 no specials( save one crappy ding) 

chase- 4 Card is too many to get another

amex - demands lower balances, less enquiries, aging credits, took 5 minutes online before the denial. In process all the time. tu 674 was within range.

Message 42 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

No late bills. No bk. clean account with limited history. However there are a few inquiries from my utility company when I applied for some new accounts over the summer. That raises the counts on inquiries. Started with zero history, got a cu checking and savings, then secured card. It took me quite some time before I was able to own my first unsecured line. However one of them is more deposit for a higher credit line. that i could control and do my own manual cli anytime. Still a little too early, but I will let all accounts have a 6 months history, then jump on another cli. That will keep my TL dated back to day one on the same card. 

Message 43 of 50
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

www.whogavemecredit.com

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 44 of 50
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@Repo-ed wrote:

www.whogavemecredit.com

Why this and not Credit Karma for example, which at least accesses the credit report of the user?  I love the Fleet link on the front page of whogavemecredit, suggests not much site maintenance.

Message 45 of 50
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@bs6054 wrote:

@Repo-ed wrote:

www.whogavemecredit.com

Why this and not Credit Karma for example, which at least accesses the credit report of the user?  I love the Fleet link on the front page of whogavemecredit, suggests not much site maintenance.

Most people who use whogavemecredit know the difference between a FICO and a FAKO score, and use a FICO in their posting. On CK, the "Approval Odds" thing is based off of your FAKO CK score, and is usually never accurate. It has told me I was a good match for tons of cards that I knew I couldn't qualify for, because my oldest account was only 2 months old at the time. 

Message 46 of 50
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@jsucool76 wrote:

@bs6054 wrote:

@Repo-ed wrote:

www.whogavemecredit.com

Most people who use whogavemecredit know the difference between a FICO and a FAKO score, and use a FICO in their posting. On CK, the "Approval Odds" thing is based off of your FAKO CK score, and is usually never accurate. It has told me I was a good match for tons of cards that I knew I couldn't qualify for, because my oldest account was only 2 months old at the time. 

++1

Message 47 of 50
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@bs6054 wrote:

@Repo-ed wrote:

www.whogavemecredit.com

++1

OK, I can certainly believe that CKs predictions aren't accurate/useful, but what about whogavemecredit?  Obviously you need to infer, e.g. my score is X and 6 people with that or higher got accepted and 2 got rejected so my Approval Odds are "fair".   But the sample size, the self-reporting and the lack of detail (e.g. some cards are listed as US Bank, whereas cards from that bank vary in difficulty) make me doubt the usefulness.  But if I am wrong, good!

Message 48 of 50
aissa_sf
Established Member

i applied last nite and they denied me. I even called recon but they gave me the run around that it's the system that will approve me.

and there's no way for them to recon it.. huh!!! I was frustrated..

Starting Score FICO SCORE 8: Equifax 605, TU 609, Experian 620, Bankruptcy November 9, 2011 (Discharge Date)
Rebuilding. In my wallet CAP1 @ $300 now $500 after 6 months, Cap1 @ $300, Synchrony/Old Navy, Walmart @ $200 Auto loan - $25K @ $490/month, school loan $20K, 4 hard inquiry
Goal Score: 700

Message 49 of 50
uptown4784
Established Member

denied with 600 credit score. =/

Message 50 of 50
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.