Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart upgrade to Discover. SP or HP?

tag
Raiders1
Valued Member

Walmart upgrade to Discover. SP or HP?

I just signed in to my Walmart card account to pay my bill and was given an offer to upgrade to the Walmart Discover Card. Will they do a Hard Pull or a Soft Pull? It's not worth a hard pull to me, but if they soft pull I'll do the upgrade. Hoping to hear from someone that has upgraded. Thanks.

Starting Scores:
EQ FICO 648 - TU08 598 - EX FAKO 544 (1/2012)
Current Scores: EQ 703 - TU 767 - EX 750
In My Wallet: AMEX BCE ($22.5K), Discover It ($10K), USAA World MC ($9K), Chase Freedom ($8K), Fidelity Rewards ($5K), Citi Double Cash ($4.5K) Walmart ($4.5K),
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Walmart upgrade to Discover. SP or HP?

Soft, accepting it will close your store card and open a new TL with this month as open date, there may be a CLI involved in it as well.

Message 2 of 5
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

Soft, accepting it will close your store card and open a new TL with this month as open date, there may be a CLI involved in it as well.

+1

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 3 of 5
CenturyChild
Frequent Contributor

Just did this.

No HP.  Its all SP and likely from a report a couple months old.

As mentioned, the Walmart store card gets closed. 

So the only thing about hitting accept will be the new account/AAoA ding once it reports.

When you accept the offer you'll need to verify email is correct and your income.

It will tell you the typical   "you'll recieve you card in 7-10 days" etc message. and will also tell you wahat the Discovers limit will be.

My Discover got a CLI from the store card as well.

good Luck and lets us know what happens Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 5
Raiders1
Valued Member

Thanks. I decided not to upgrade because although it's good that they only SP, I don't think the upgrade is worth messing with my AAoA. I got the Walmart card about three years ago when I started rebuilding my credit. It's the oldest card I have so I don't want to close it. My Discover It has the same benefits or better so I'll just stick with the Walmart card. Thanks for letting me know that it would open a new account because I was very tempted to upgrade.

Starting Scores:
EQ FICO 648 - TU08 598 - EX FAKO 544 (1/2012)
Current Scores: EQ 703 - TU 767 - EX 750
In My Wallet: AMEX BCE ($22.5K), Discover It ($10K), USAA World MC ($9K), Chase Freedom ($8K), Fidelity Rewards ($5K), Citi Double Cash ($4.5K) Walmart ($4.5K),
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.