Senior Contributor
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest

Re: Walmart upgrade to Discover

to the looks of it these upgrades are a YMMV, thanks for info.

rottiesworld

When I went online to make payment and I logged in and it then said Congratulations, I have been picked for a upgrade to discover card due to my payment history.

I had a credit line of $1,900.00 and have had the account for 1 year. I went ahead and accepted the offer and right away it said that I was approved and with a credit limit of $4,000.00 which made me very happy. I figured since my account is not that old, it wouldn't hurt to upgrade. My fico score is 755  Experian 725  Transunion 705 Equifax 698.

Contributor
changingmantra2

Well - I just got one today - aftar having the WM card for over 6 years.  I really do not know what to do -  I hardly use my Walmart Card now - and I do not see what this card would add to my credit profile.  

“We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty.”
― Maya Angelou
Super Contributor
mongstradamus

changingmantra2 wrote:

Well - I just got one today - aftar having the WM card for over 6 years.  I really do not know what to do -  I hardly use my Walmart Card now - and I do not see what this card would add to my credit profile.  

the only benefit i see if it gets converted to an mc similar to sam's club  which is an very intriguing card.

EX Fico 782 9/25/14 Fako 801 CS/Credit.com 11/24/14
EQ SW 823 quizzle fako 796 7/19/14
TU Fico 808 Fako 796 Creditkarma 12/24/2014
Frequent Contributor
peaceonearth

bichonmom wrote:

I've had my Walmart store card for nearly 2 yrs (in Nov.) While I've gotten several CLIs, it's been no dice for the Discover upgrade.

I was wondering if anyone has been upgraded to their Discover card lately. How long do you usually have the store card before being offered the upgrade?

My Old Navy was upgraded after 1 year, so I'm a little disappointed. I was hoping to get an upgrade by now. :smileyfrustrated:

They upgraded mine in less than a Year with a big CLI.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}