Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart... what does it take?

tag
kroberts67
Established Contributor

Walmart... what does it take?

I don't get GE at all.  I do have Old Navy (PIF) & Penneys (unused) but Walmart & Vics Secret denied me (last summer).  My score has gone up as well as my salary, a recent collection paid & deleted, UT going down.  I thought I'd try for Walmart for the benefits, I thought it wouldn't be difficult to get as I thought it was a rebuilder card.  I got the 7-10 days schpeal so I called to find out.  No dice.  Amazon yes ($600), Walmart no.  TU FICO was 651 a few days ago but has gone up a bit more, how much I won't know until I run another score next week.  

My question is more with the differences in GE approval;  I am baffled.  What is Walmart looking for?

FICO: EQ 814 | TU 847 | EX ? (Started in the low 500's... you can do it!)

Amex BCE $25000, Amex AP $20000, SFFCU Visa $15000 + LOC $5000, USAA Amex $6000, USAA MC $7000, Cap1 $9500, Freedom $12000, Slate $500, Barclays "RIP" SM $11500, USBank Cash+ $12500, Citi Diamond $11200, Citi Double Cash $12000, Care Credit $13500k.
My Credit Repair Journey
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

Re: Walmart... what does it take?

@kroberts67 wrote:

I don't get GE at all.  I do have Old Navy (PIF) & Penneys (unused) but Walmart & Vics Secret denied me (last summer).  My score has gone up as well as my salary, a recent collection paid & deleted, UT going down.  I thought I'd try for Walmart for the benefits, I thought it wouldn't be difficult to get as I thought it was a rebuilder card.  I got the 7-10 days schpeal so I called to find out.  No dice.  Amazon yes ($600), Walmart no.  TU FICO was 651 a few days ago but has gone up a bit more, how much I won't know until I run another score next week.  

My question is more with the differences in GE approval;  I am baffled.  What is Walmart looking for?

Well GE can be weird at times. Something similiar happened to me also. I applied for the Walmart and Dillards and got approved instantly then a month later applied for Sams Club and no dice. I would have figured i was shoe-in with Sams since i already had been approved for the other two. I remember when i received the cards it came along with my TU Fico. When i recieved the letter from Sams, it had an internal score so who knows really how GE approval criteria is. I have seen people with lower score than you get approved instantly.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 2 of 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Personally, GE seems to like me when I apply.  My DH, not so much.  He was approved for the Walmart and not Amazon during the same app spree. Smiley Frustrated

Message 3 of 9
kroberts67
Established Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

Personally, GE seems to like me when I apply.  My DH, not so much.  He was approved for the Walmart and not Amazon during the same app spree. Smiley Frustrated

Opposite of me, so weird!  When I get the letter I'm calling to recon.  I've never done that before but hey.  If I don't get it I can still speak with them and find out the nitty gritty, I'll ask them what helps etc.

Amex BCE $25000, Amex AP $20000, SFFCU Visa $15000 + LOC $5000, USAA Amex $6000, USAA MC $7000, Cap1 $9500, Freedom $12000, Slate $500, Barclays "RIP" SM $11500, USBank Cash+ $12500, Citi Diamond $11200, Citi Double Cash $12000, Care Credit $13500k.
My Credit Repair Journey
Message 4 of 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 5 of 9
WarJar101
Frequent Contributor

1-877-294-7880, try this number.

Rebuilding...been out of the game for a minute. Now, after suffering I'm back with greater wisdom. Scores: Currently @ around 6 teens to 20's, across all three EQ,TU, EX
Message 6 of 9
kroberts67
Established Contributor

Thank you!  Smiley Happy

My Credit Repair Journey
Message 7 of 9
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@kroberts67 wrote:

What were the reasons for your denial? Walmart isn't considered a "rebuilding" card its just a GE store card which most of the time is easier to get approved for. Also, VS is not a GE backed card, and you can do what most do and just keep trying the shopping cart trick daily to see if you get a preapproval and then hopefully you can get the card without a HP.

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 8 of 9
kroberts67
Established Contributor

@j_casteel wrote:

@kroberts67 wrote:

What were the reasons for your denial? Walmart isn't considered a "rebuilding" card its just a GE store card which most of the time is easier to get approved for. Also, VS is not a GE backed card, and you can do what most do and just keep trying the shopping cart trick daily to see if you get a preapproval and then hopefully you can get the card without a HP.

They wouldn't give me the reasions over the phone, I have to wait for the letter.  And about GE?Vics Secret, I realized that while I was sleeping.  I dreamed about GE vs Comenity.  Yes, this happened.  lol 

My Credit Repair Journey
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.