Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart?

tag
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

Walmart?

I cannot seem to get Walmart to approve me...  Smiley Sad I  of course would like the free TU score.

Wondering if I have a better chance of approval if I app in the store???

Any comments?

Thanks,

Ray

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 1 of 91
90 REPLIES 90
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Walmart?

no in store will not help.

What is your current TU Fico?

Do you have current or past negative accounts with GE?

Message 2 of 91
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

Thanks - 

TU is about 750 but I have like 12 INQ's and I am sure that is what burns me... I plan not to app for anything in 2012, just wait for the INQ's to drop.

I currently have JCP at $2400 and PP Smart Connect at $3500 with GE. No negative accounts at all.

Ray

Ray

Message 3 of 91
CS800
Super Contributor

@RockinRay wrote:

I cannot seem to get Walmart to approve me...  Smiley Sad I  of course would like the free TU score.

Any comments?

Thanks,

Ray

Are you serious with a 750 FICO on TU, they denied you??? Ddi you recon? (i assume you did)

I got approved for the WM store card with a $1700 CL when i went on my app spree not long ago. TU was 697

Message 4 of 91
RyVision
Valued Contributor

There is only one reason I can imagine that it might help possibly in RockinRay's situation.  IIRC, RR has some impressive TL's.  It's odd walmart hasn't throw a card at him. 

BUT... When I applied in store years ago. They did something they can't do online (other than asking me if I'd like to apply).

They asked for my drivers license........

I think they also asked if I had a major CC. I don't remember if I showed it to them or not however.

I wonder if there's a chance, being they can ask for an ID in store, that it bypasses some identity issue in their system.  Just a thought.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 5 of 91
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@RockinRay wrote:

Thanks - 

TU is about 750 but I have like 12 INQ's and I am sure that is what burns me... I plan not to app for anything in 2012, just wait for the INQ's to drop.

I currently have JCP at $2400 and PP Smart Connect at $3500 with GE. No negative accounts at all.

Ray

WOW, time to get someone on the phone and start figuring this out... are you getting instant denials or the security questions? If you got the questions I would call and see about doing them again because they might think you failed them... you have to be very careful with them you might see one that makes you say no my mom lived at this address or banked with this bank but not me and click no, but the system wants you to say yes! I failed the Barclay ones because it was asking about a roommate I had 12 years ago, he had the same last name and was from the same state my parents grew up in and I knew the second I say his name they would want me to say yes to the questions but since he wasn't family I didn't know addresses or other family names or towns... called in and got a new set and was approved instantly.

Message 6 of 91
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@RockinRay wrote:

Any comments?

Thanks,

Ray

I would go in-store Ray. They can verify Identity there and if you get declined you can recon right there they give you the number to call. Something's not right for you to get the card even with 12 INQ's.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 91
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

Yep - my feelings too!

I have good scores and quite a few cards with high CL's. Maybe now that I have been with GE for 6 months, they might approve on-line. I hate to waste another INQ for it though and yes, I always re-coned them in the past.

Wanted to end 2011 on a positive note! I just app'd and was approved for a Macy's card this week... Superstitious? I guess I am.

Now, if I could go in the store, give them my DL and let then key in or swipe a card with $25k open credit, they might let me in... Not sure.

Oh, what to do!

Ray

Ray

Message 8 of 91
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@RockinRay wrote:

Yep - my feelings too!

I have good scores and quite a few cards with high CL's. Maybe now that I have been with GE for 6 months, they might approve on-line. I hate to waste another INQ for it though and yes, I always re-coned them in the past.

Wanted to end 2011 on a positive note! I just app'd and was approved for a Macy's card this week... Superstitious? I guess I am.

Now, if I could go in the store, give them my DL and let then key in or swipe a card with $25k open credit, they might let me in... Not sure.

Oh, what to do!

Ray

They only use your CC and DL for ID verification only. They may be the difference. Try it!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 9 of 91
RyVision
Valued Contributor

@RockinRay wrote:

Yep - my feelings too!

Oh, what to do!

Ray

I'd learn my lesson and go to the store......  

Something to consider here.  With  the CL's on your TL's, you'd be a perfect candidate for ID theft where someone could app online and take advantage of a great TL brought on by high scores and limits, changing the mailing addy or to online statements only so RR would never see the new account (or accounts).Then if it wasn't in fact RR who opened the account, who'd be left holding the bag for allowing it to open, probably with a higher than average starting CL?

Sometimes you're just too good for approval because someone else might want to appear just as good. Smiley Wink

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 10 of 91
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.