Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart

tag
Target1212
Regular Contributor

Walmart

Ok, this may sound silly to many of you, but I got approved for a walmart card! Yay! After being denied in the beginning of the month I did some work and got my score from 532 to 608. Yay! Really want to TU scoring I hear they offer free...figured I needed a credit line so I can get a mortgage next year so why not with something I can use :-)

Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34
AZHeather
Frequent Contributor

Re: Walmart

Congratulations!!  Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 35
EandK23
Regular Contributor

Congrats!!  BTW, great job on moving your score! 

Message 3 of 35
knj601
Established Member

Congrats! I recently got approved as well, and I wasn't even aware of the free score. Pleasant surprise! 

Current: TU (Wal-Mart) 640 EQ (myFICO) 627 EX 628 as of 10/12
BK Discharged 08/10 (The dark times)
NavChek (5000) Cap1 (2500 & 1000) hhGregg (1500) Amazon (900) & WalMart (500) Lowes (300)

Goal: No apps until 07/2013 & 700's across the board
Message 4 of 35
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Congrats! Use it wisely and youll be at 650 in 6 mos!!!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 5 of 35
VikingsLoyalFan
Valued Member

I just got approved the other day for Walmart, have not gotten my card yet. It is exciting, Grats! 

Message 6 of 35
QAMngrGirl
Frequent Contributor

Doesn't sound silly to me, I was really happy when I got approved too Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 35
jennylocha
Regular Contributor

@Target1212 wrote:

Ok, this may sound silly to many of you, but I got approved for a walmart card! Yay! After being denied in the beginning of the month I did some work and got my score from 532 to 608. Yay! Really want to TU scoring I hear they offer free...figured I needed a credit line so I can get a mortgage next year so why not with something I can use :-)

Not silly at all, I LOVE my Walmart card! Sometimes when I'm buying groceries and I run out of pocket cash ($20 or so) I just get cash back on the card because its so convenient! I always PIF though cause I just hate owing anyone money! LOL!

BTW....there's never any shame in opening a new valid account when you're building your scores from nothing to something, you should definitely be excited at the gradual climb to financial stability. Congrats hun! Smiley Wink

Current Score: TU 671 / EQ 675 / EX 682
Goal Score: 700 Club Across the board!

Message 8 of 35
Jutz
Valued Contributor

Getting approved for the Walmart card was a HUGE boost in confidence for me, congrats to you!  Carry the momentum now, and boost those scores even higher!

• Current: EQ FICO 706, TU FICO 701, EX FICO 706 | Starting Score: 525 (05/2012)
  • Starting total revolving credit: $1100 | Current total revolving credit: $36,700
  • Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 2 TU 1 EX 1 | Most Recent: 1/21/2014
Chase Freedom $9500
DCU Visa $10000
Capital One QS $2000
AMEX BCE $3000
Lowe's CC $8500
WalMart CC $3100
BOA Platinum $600
AMEX Gold NPSL
Message 9 of 35
Give_Me_Credit_Please
Regular Contributor

Congrats!!......I just opened my Walmart card couple of weeks ago. It's not silly and everone here started from somewhere and that 's the right move to be on your wayto re-building. Just always remember to pay on time. I was very excited when I got approved too even though it's low cl, it's very exciting just to be approved!! Good Luck!! 

Message 10 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.