Established Contributor

Re: Walmart

Congrats

Message 11 of 35
Adalen
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations! 

I have been wanting to add Wal-Mart to my stock for the TU score, so this posted prompted me to go and apply with.  Instant approval for $400.  I'll take it!  Do you have to wait for the first billing cycle in order to go paperless or is there a hidden option that I'm just not seeing?

Thanks.

Message 12 of 35
jumpinjax
New Contributor

Congrats!!  I was approved for the Walmart card last week.  i am a bit disappointed because I really wanted the walmart discover, I tried reconn and they said in 6 months time, an eligibility upgrade would show up on my account.  Ridiculous, I don't want to be limited to Walmart.  Ha ha..

@Target1212 wrote:

Ok, this may sound silly to many of you, but I got approved for a walmart card! Yay! After being denied in the beginning of the month I did some work and got my score from 532 to 608. Yay! Really want to TU scoring I hear they offer free...figured I needed a credit line so I can get a mortgage next year so why not with something I can use :-)

Message 13 of 35
flashevo
Regular Contributor

Congrats to each of you, especially the OP. How are you all applying? Online or in store? I was thinking about apping for their card actually.
NFCU Flagship Sig (24.5k); NFCU CashRewards (24.5k); NFCU NavCheck (15k); Chase Sapphire Preferred (15k) ;Chase Marriott Rewards (14k);US Bank Flex Perks (9k); Barclays Rewards (8k); Chase Freedom (14k); BOA Travel Rewards Sig (20k); BOA Privileges with Cash Rewards Sig (9k); Discover IT (6.5k); Walmart Discover (3k); Wells Fargo Platinum (9.5k); Wells Fargo LOC (10k); Bloomingdales Amex (5k); Macy's Amex (5k); Paypal Extras Mastercard (6k); Bananna Republic Visa (5.5k); Lowes (6k); Sams Club Discover (5k)....In the garden since 8/15/13

Message 14 of 35
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

I wish they would stop saying conflicting things about the Discover upgrade.  I don't mind the Walmart card by itself, but I would prefer to have the Discover!  It is a bit more handy and It would be funny to have a real and a fake Discover!  I too PIF every month so I know they must not like me so much in regards to interest!  I will be hitting the 6 month mark at the end of the month and it will have a $0 balance, so hopefully that will get them to give me the option.  I have noticed that in reality their customer service on the card is not too good.  I keep having to ask the same questions over and over because they don't seem to either understand the questions or simply don't want to do work.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 15 of 35
NewbieReed
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!

Starting Score: 526 EXP 09/2012 600 FICO 10/2012 608 EX (lenderpull)11/2012
Current Score: 705 FICO TU (10/2014)Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 16 of 35
jumpinjax
New Contributor

@bernhardtra wrote:

I wish they would stop saying conflicting things about the Discover upgrade.  I don't mind the Walmart card by itself, but I would prefer to have the Discover!  It is a bit more handy and It would be funny to have a real and a fake Discover!  I too PIF every month so I know they must not like me so much in regards to interest!  I will be hitting the 6 month mark at the end of the month and it will have a $0 balance, so hopefully that will get them to give me the option.  I have noticed that in reality their customer service on the card is not too good.  I keep having to ask the same questions over and over because they don't seem to either understand the questions or simply don't want to do work.

I agree with you, their customer service is atrocious, and when i tried to recon for the discover, they hardly spoke english that well.  In any case, what I don't understand is their issuance policy, it seems GEmoney is content with issuing store cards in lieu of co-branded majors, which is sort of a double entendre, since people with good or adequate credit whom are likely to be approved for a regular discover card are being precluded from the walmart discover.  I don't have a discover at the moment, however, I will app sometime in the near future to see if such details of approval by GEmoney make any sense.  Right now, I have no need for discover, but it is generally bad for business when you want something and can't get it initially, only to wait it out (in hopes) that such eligibility would be offered in the near term.  I'm not holding my breath though. Smiley SurprisedSmiley Sad

Message 17 of 35
Give_Me_Credit_Please
Regular Contributor

I applied online with instant approval!! I couldn't believe it!! Very happy just be approved. Glad somebody believes in me...lol

Message 18 of 35
sonson
Regular Contributor

Congrats!!!

Starting Score: EQ 548 [ Feb 2010 ]
Current Score: TU 663 EQ 686
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 19 of 35
blackdust
Established Member

Walmart was my second credit card. My first one was from kays that I never used. Walmart gave me 150 than 300 than 1200 than upgrade to discover to 2400 than when I got my discvered card they pushed up the limit to 3000. This took about 1 year. Walmart discover card is my highest limit card that I can use anywhere. This is one card I will keep active in my wallet until I can get a better card with a good limit with low intrest. I belieave intrest is 28% and after the upgrade the intrest whent down to 22% or 24%.

app free since 11/24/12 In Garden Until December 31st 2013
Walmart Discover 3,000 : Meijer 600 : Local Bank Card 500 : Capital One Platinum 500 : Best Buy Reward Zone 400 : Chase Slate 200
Message 20 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.