Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart?

tag
tempusfugit123
Frequent Contributor

Walmart?

Anyone have a walmart card is it good and easy to get approved for?

I currently only have two opened accounts

Target- fantastic $200 limit Smiley Surprised
Best Buy- astonishing $900 limit

and I have three closed accounts/closed by the bank

Chase and Capital One (currently show I paid as agreed no lates)
Macys ( 90 days late, they wouldnt accept my GW letters or anything because I was hospitalized couldnt pay)

I just applied and got the Target and Best Buy cards this month would and pay the balance right after I get from the store. Would applying for another store card hurt?

I dont want to apply for too many. But I wasnt accecpted for a major card and I dont think I will have any luck for a while.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
tempusfugit123
Frequent Contributor

Re: Walmart?

Forgot to mention my scores are  TU: 626 EQ:633 EX: ? not sure why I couldnt get a score for them
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

You don't say why the accounts were closed, any chance they would re-open? Did you try Capones pre-authorized site to see if they would offer you a new account? Also, a secured BOA might be good for you. Personally, I wouldn't stack up any more store accounts, would look for a Visa/MC card. Others have more experience than me though and will chime in.
Message 3 of 7
tempusfugit123
Frequent Contributor

I was hospitilized a majority of '06- '07 because of difficult pregnancy I couldnt pay my bills because I was either hospitilized or on bed rest. I called Chase and Cap1 wrote several letters because I paid payment protector every month. Gave birth to my son who was born blind and I couldnt work. Finally got help from both banks after I was 120 days late even though I tried contacting them. They agreed to change my credit report and pay some of my balance remove the lates from my cr's but they refuse to reactivate my cards even though the late fees and what not took up 72% of the balanes on both of my cards!

do they usually reactivate cards?

I bank with BofA but because of my closed accounts I cant get a secured with them
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very sorry to hear you have been through so much. Guess the closed accounts are pretty much seriously closed, good of them to at least clear the lates. Have you touched base with any local credit unions, frequently they are more receptive to secured cards than banks?
Message 5 of 7
tempusfugit123
Frequent Contributor

No I havent tried any unions thats a great idea though. A BofA rep told me to get a store card or two wait 3 months then apply again for a secured but im in no hurry to get a major credit card I just really need to build some good credit. I started off with good credit and then all of a sudden I couldnt pay my bills. Im really young and have only 2 years of credit so having such a short history then all of a sudden defaulting on all my accounts has scared everyone away.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, the good news is your scores are pretty decent still. Hopefully the person you talked to at BOA will remember the conversation and help you when you come back. I would seriously shop around the local CU's and just see what they say. All you have to lose is a little time. If at first you don't succeed, go somewhere else.Smiley Wink Best of luck, you deserve it. Others will have some ideas for you, most are in bed now. LOL
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.