Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Walmart?

sidewinder wrote:

I think GEMB approval process is messed up. I think they approve every so many applicants and deny the rest.

Kind of like "you're our 10th applicant this hour, approved!"

LOL!  Post of the day!

Message 71 of 95
Anonymous
Not applicable

just applied online - haven't had a credit card in years due to bad scores. Paypal wouldn't give me a card, but walmart gav eme instant approval for $800 CL. I guess I should feel lucky??? lol.  My EQ score is 641 and TU is 645. 
Message 72 of 95
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
just applied online - haven't had a credit card in years due to bad scores. Paypal wouldn't give me a card, but walmart gav eme instant approval for $800 CL. I guess I should feel lucky??? lol.  My EQ score is 641 and TU is 645. 

Congrats . . . . You must be number 10 !! . . . . . Smiley Very Happy

Starting Score: TU 737 EQ 721
Current Score: TU 741 EQ 741
Goal Score: TU 765 EQ 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 73 of 95
Anonymous
Not applicable

It seems $300 Credit Line is a magic number for WalMart. Everyone on the forums posted more approval with a $300 credit line to start with EVEN myself. I wasn't approved online but over the phone for $300 CL..Geezus, can they ever change their starting credit line number. $300 CL is a bit irritating me, can't even buy a TV or anything big at walmart LOL..

Message 74 of 95
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a Walmart store card and it hasn't been very good- admittedly I got it when my credit scores weren't great about 3 years ago (2006) w/ a $100 limit- I have since improved my scores, one is in 720 range and the other two are in the 750 range- I even closed on a mortgage, never been late or over the limit and have never once received a credit line increase, I only kept this card open to have different types of credit on my CR- I am really tempted to close it, because it has been an awful card- but in today's credit market I don't know if I should- 
Message 75 of 95
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I have a Walmart store card and it hasn't been very good- admittedly I got it when my credit scores weren't great about 3 years ago (2006) w/ a $100 limit- I have since improved my scores, one is in 720 range and the other two are in the 750 range- I even closed on a mortgage, never been late or over the limit and have never once received a credit line increase, I only kept this card open to have different types of credit on my CR- I am really tempted to close it, because it has been an awful card- but in today's credit market I don't know if I should- 

You should have been hitting the request a credit limit increase button every 4 months. Your limit would be well over 500 bucks by now.

Message 76 of 95
smallfry
Senior Contributor

I hit the button at the 4 month mark and got the $125 CLI.
Message 77 of 95
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

smallfry wrote:

You should have been hitting the request a credit limit increase button every 4 months. Your limit would be well over 500 bucks by now.

Thanks for posting that. DW got the card in December w/ a whopping $250 CL after they pulled an EQ FICO of about 650.

I logged into her account and clicked the luv button. Drum roll........... $25 CLI woooohoo. Well, it did drop her util by 0.02%. That'll trigger a SW alert Smiley Happy . BTW, she only used the CC once in December for about $100, PIF in January, and hasn't used it since.

Message 78 of 95
debtfree09
Regular Contributor

where do you go for instant approval for the Walmart card?  Is it as an at the register thing like target?

Message 79 of 95
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@debtfree09 wrote:

where do you go for instant approval for the Walmart card?  Is it as an at the register thing like target?

You can apply online or in the store. Online would be instant if you are approved. 

Message 80 of 95
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.