Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Walmart?

What can you buy with a $100, $200 or even $300 credit line? geezus can Walmart be generous enough to change their credit line limit. Walmart is the world largest and richest retailers but very cheap on credit line. Geezus come on now, be a bit more generous to make more profits..
Message 81 of 95
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
What can you buy with a $100, $200 or even $300 credit line? geezus can Walmart be generous enough to change their credit line limit. Walmart is the world largest and richest retailers but very cheap on credit line. Geezus come on now, be a bit more generous to make more profits..

FICO likes to see a store card so I got a Walmart card. Since just about every store I know takes all major credit cards why would I sweat if they give me 1K or 5K if I have a 25K card in my wallet? 

Message 82 of 95
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just hit the walmart luv button and got myself a $100 CLI, LOL $100 increase..i was like ehh whatever but i take it, so now my CL is $400..I cant barely buy anything at walmart but just some personal care stuff
Message 83 of 95
Macroman
Regular Contributor

I received an instant approval for 500 (must have been 3-4 yrs ago) which was subsequently reduced to 495 when I went late <30 and overlimit with them. I've vowed to never use it again unless they offer some better terms but it sounds like I have done better than many. My FICO score at the time would have been 640-650.
Message 84 of 95
Anonymous
Not applicable

The reason I get this Walmart store car is to have mix credit but other than that the card suck, low limit, and no appealing looks..Shopping convenient only at Walmart..
Message 85 of 95
VEEVEE
Regular Contributor

I got approved at the register. Cashier asked if I wanted to apply gave her my CC and I got approved for 500.00 bucks.   Good luck on your approval. 

Equifax=648

TU=  658     

Message 86 of 95
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had my walmart store card since 11/08 with a starting limit of $500. My credit limit is now $725, which is still not high enough to purchase an expensive item to take advantage of their 12 month no interest promo. Both increases were done by hitting the luv button. The first one was approved for $100, and the second $125.
Message 87 of 95
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the walmart in store card on-line to take advantage of a laptop they had on sale about a year ago. I couldnt purchase online for some reason so i had to go in store. That card was 500.00  When I got to the register the Walmart Discover was offered, and that was initially 2k... its now at 2750, while the in store is still at 500.00 I just never used the in store.... Hope that helps 
Message 88 of 95
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah, that's nice..I think I should try to convert the to Walmart Discover better. Walmart store card is too low limit, can't buy anything...
Message 89 of 95
lhova2000
New Contributor

Based on this thread, and me only having one bankcard on my CR with a $500 limit, I decided to give the walmart card a shot. Applied a year ago with a credit score of roughly 550 and got denied in 2.2 seconds lol. Been working on my credit and got my score ups to roughly 650. No BK just a defaulted student loan that will  be cleared in Dec of this year. Applied for the Walmart card online and got approved for the store card with a $500 limit. Hope I don't get dinged for the inquiry to hard! Hope this helps...
EQ 782
TU 782
EX 785
Message 90 of 95
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.