Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Walmart?

Husband applied online with a "We'll contact you within 24-48 hrs, blah blah blah..."

Then today, phone rang and he was approved for $300  - hooray, now we can get that bulk pack of gum we've alays dreamed of!

Message 91 of 95
tray
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Husband applied online with a "We'll contact you within 24-48 hrs, blah blah blah..."

Then today, phone rang and he was approved for $300  - hooray, now we can get that bulk pack of gum we've alays dreamed of!

Congratulations, It took me two deinals from walmart until i finally recieved this card last december when walmart was going on a pre-approval craze when anyone ordered items online, quite a few people on this forum recieved cards at that time.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 92 of 95
Sparkz1920
Frequent Contributor

I was denied a few times. Approved earlier this year. Scores mighta been 660 or so on EQ. Gave me a $500 limit. I dont spend alot at WalMart so it didnt phase me when they gave me the low limit. I think i might rid myself of it because there are no perks. I love store cards because they usually have perks of some sort. I just feel i might need it one day. my limit raised to 750. GEMB has been pretty good with CLI. They gave me 1800 from 200 on my Pennys card and 750 from 300 on my OldNavy. More than enough on both cards

Starting Score: 601
Current Score: 670
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

NFCU Rewards- 8K......AMEX Delta Skymiles-5k.....Citi AAdvantage AMEX-3.5K...WalMart Discover-4K....Old Navy Visa-2k...BOA-3000...AMEX Green-NPSL....Discover More-1K
Message 93 of 95
tray
Valued Contributor

@Sparkz1920 wrote:

I was denied a few times. Approved earlier this year. Scores mighta been 660 or so on EQ. Gave me a $500 limit. I dont spend alot at WalMart so it didnt phase me when they gave me the low limit. I think i might rid myself of it because there are no perks. I love store cards because they usually have perks of some sort. I just feel i might need it one day. my limit raised to 750. GEMB has been pretty good with CLI. They gave me 1800 from 200 on my Pennys card and 750 from 300 on my OldNavy. More than enough on both cards

I would say you are rightly so, the only kinda perk I think I can think of  is if  you want a couple of extra bucks and to save yourself a trip to the atm/bank you can take up to $60.00 a day on your walmart card up to $200.00 and it is considered as a purchase not a cash advance, I have done this a couple of times with no repercussions and cli's came on time.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 94 of 95
Sparkz1920
Frequent Contributor

Now that I did not know about. Thats a pretty decent perk. Because i never take cash advances due to the rates. I remember when the ATM ate my card and i had no cash on me.

Starting Score: 601
Current Score: 670
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

NFCU Rewards- 8K......AMEX Delta Skymiles-5k.....Citi AAdvantage AMEX-3.5K...WalMart Discover-4K....Old Navy Visa-2k...BOA-3000...AMEX Green-NPSL....Discover More-1K
Message 95 of 95
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.