Did you mean: 

Walmart?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Walmart?

@tknkrov wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I've had the store card for two years, just got a gigantic 125.00 CLI. Only derog 7 year old BK. Limit now = 715.00....riiiight!

Brammy same with me had the card 2 years cl of 665.00. Tried to do an increase the other day and online and it said cannot process online please call this number. When  I did the csr said he didn't know why it was doing that but suggested I apply for the Discover they give better CLs. I wanted to know if there was a cap on this card and he said again I think you should go for the discover. I did and then got the 7-10 day message, crap. They called the next day to ask security questions and said congratulations your approved witha cl of 2500. Well okay do you think the csr knew something by looking at my file?

Cool they are trying to get more Discover users.  Wish mine had done that but I wouldn't have applied. Not for their interest rate. lol!!!  Mine will be 2 years old in Dec, had you passed the 2 yr mark?

Message 41 of 95
tknkrov
Contributor

@tknkrov wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I've had the store card for two years, just got a gigantic 125.00 CLI. Only derog 7 year old BK. Limit now = 715.00....riiiight!

Brammy same with me had the card 2 years cl of 665.00. Tried to do an increase the other day and online and it said cannot process online please call this number. When  I did the csr said he didn't know why it was doing that but suggested I apply for the Discover they give better CLs. I wanted to know if there was a cap on this card and he said again I think you should go for the discover. I did and then got the 7-10 day message, crap. They called the next day to ask security questions and said congratulations your approved witha cl of 2500. Well okay do you think the csr knew something by looking at my file?

Cool they are trying to get more Discover users.  Wish mine had done that but I wouldn't have applied. Not for their interest rate. lol!!!  Mine will be 2 years old in Dec, had you passed the 2 yr mark?

Actually mine will be 2 years in Dec. also. I shouldn't have apped but the csr made it sound like I would get it. I think I need thr sleigh center.
Message 42 of 95
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same story here!  Got the card about 2 yrs, ago with an astonishing $180 CL-yipppeee!  I could buy the whole store with that limit- LOL!  Anyway, I've been pushing the Luv button about every 6 months, and now I am up to a whopping $515 CL.  I wish they would just give me the freakin' Discover card, but every time I apply it is always a no.
Message 43 of 95
Anonymous
Not applicable

Whenever you apply for discover do they do hard pull?

Do you apply over the phone or online?

If they do hard pull what CRA they pull from?

thanks

Message 44 of 95
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, they always do a hard pull and here in CA it seems like they always pull EQ.(one of my lowest scores)!
Message 45 of 95
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have always applied online.
Message 46 of 95
tknkrov
Contributor

they pulled TU on me in ID. I'm acually surprised I got and with a 2500 cl. GEMB has always been so conservative with me on cls. I think TU was my lowest score right now could be higher than when I pulled last though. Did you leave me a room in the sleigh cente ashabbir, I really need to join.
Message 47 of 95
Anonymous
Not applicable

fillibert wrote:
Same story here!  Got the card about 2 yrs, ago with an astonishing $180 CL-yipppeee!  I could buy the whole store with that limit- LOL!  Anyway, I've been pushing the Luv button about every 6 months, and now I am up to a whopping $515 CL.  I wish they would just give me the freakin' Discover card, but every time I apply it is always a no.

HIt the LUV button every 4 mos.

Message 48 of 95
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called Walmart csr for a CLi yesterday. I was on a roll - product upgrade on BOA and CLi on Cap 1. I thought I'd try my luck at CLi for my Walmart credit.

Told her I would like to take advantage of their 0% for purchases $250+.
I said I would like to buy a TV for $1000 but my CL is 470.
She tried and was declined. She said I will receive a letter in the mail explaining why.

Then she asked me if I wanted to try a lesser amount like $800, and said it won't affect my credit because CLi are processed internally.
Again, I was declined.

I've had the Walmart card since 2006 with initial CL $270 and only received 1 CLi in 01/08.

GEMB is not very generous with their CLi. I also have a Paypal credit with them and in the 4 years, I've only received 1 automatic CLi of $75 (to CL $575) and every time I requested via the LUV button on their website, I get a 7-10 day decline letter.
Message 49 of 95
Anonymous
Not applicable

instant
Message 50 of 95
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.