Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart

tag
Shawndoe79
Established Contributor

Walmart

Finally got some love from Synchrony!  Hit luv button on my Walmart store card, went from 500 to 5k!  Wonder if i should try again for more, no love from amazon store card, got them on the same day.  Ive actually used amazon the most, have a higher balance on Walmart, this is weird.

Current Scores EQ 689| EX 688| TU 679
Comenity 57.5k| Navy Fed 52.5k| Capital One 32.3k| Synchrony 23k| BBVA Compass 5.5k| First Commerce 4k| Barclays 1.9k|
GARDENING UNTIL APPING....
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Walmart

Awesome job! To get that high a jump from only the button is really great. Enjoy Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 14
Shawndoe79
Established Contributor

Thanks AJC, next month will be a year that Ive had this card, so its about time, I always ask every month, always denied, until today!Smiley Very Happy

Comenity 57.5k| Navy Fed 52.5k| Capital One 32.3k| Synchrony 23k| BBVA Compass 5.5k| First Commerce 4k| Barclays 1.9k|
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats I just got approved for the card the other day starting at 900, might wait 6 months and push the button

Message 4 of 14
Shawndoe79
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

congrats I just got approved for the card the other day starting at 900, might wait 6 months and push the button

Thanks and congrats, it will grow, just took me a little longer because I did include them in my bankruptcy, so it took me 11 months to get an increase.

Message 5 of 14
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

That's a huge limit for a walmart card.  is this the store branded only or MC?

Maybe you can upgrade to the MC version?  

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reminder, I just bumped mine from 1100>3000. Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 14
damac2004
New Contributor

i haven't been touching all my credit stuff for about a year after i paid everything off.  i rotate some cards for fun and let them report a small balance on 1 or 2 cards and then i move onto others.  all of my pulls have fallen off as well.

so for fun actually today i started searching about cli's for my cards.  something i never recall getting a phone call or mail for, i noticed i have automatic cli increases on all of my accounts.

since people say trying the button for amazon and walmart are soft pulls i tried both of them with just a small increase on these accounts that had $2000 and $2500 limits.

each account gave me an increase of $2500 which was over my request.

don't know if it matters but looking back i had these cars tapped kind of on purpose when i first got them a few years ago when i had a surgery.  i thought it would show good history as well.  the auto increases started coming last year when i payed them all off, and more than one for each account.

the most dramatic for me was the chase freedom card.  i used that one all around these days even if paying off but i haven't had the balance tapped out.    that one went from $3000 limit to $8000 within less than a year.

are computers doing all this work?  do they see somebody that used to be tapped out with christmas coming and want me to spend?  

Message 8 of 14
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I find that the luv button can work for some but for others not so much. Remember to try different methods to see how you are treated. Some get great success with chat orhers by calling Credit Solutions.

Shawndoe, not sure what your TU acore is but as it rises you may be able to get it up more. Ive also had most success with getting increases with Sync especially after making a big paymenr or paying off a blance. With all the probs recently with Sync, i m pleased that so far they are treating my profile ok. Just stay away blue and im happySmiley Happy
Message 9 of 14
Shawndoe79
Established Contributor

@grillandwinemaster wrote:

Congrats!

That's a huge limit for a walmart card.  is this the store branded only or MC?

Maybe you can upgrade to the MC version?  

store branded

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.