Established Contributor

Walmart?

Those of you with the Walmart card, did you get an instant approval or the 24 to 48 hrs message?
TU 662 EQ 644
EX 643
Established Contributor

Re: Walmart?

bump
TU 662 EQ 644
EX 643
Moderator Emeritus

bren39 wrote:
Those of you with the Walmart card, did you get an instant approval or the 24 to 48 hrs message?

Mine was instant with really sucky scores and a limit to match

Established Contributor

ok..thanks much Brammy...
TU 662 EQ 644
EX 643
Frequent Contributor

Hi Brammy,

What was your limit with Walmart?  I got a lousy 300 bucks, but its up to a whopping 1K.. WOW  LOl
AMEX GOLD-No Pre-Set Limit, AMEX Blue-$25K, AMEX Clear-$25K, AMEX Optima Plat-$25K, Sam;s Club $10K, Cap One $6K, Citi Plat.-$11K, Discover More -$10K, Columbia Bank-$9K
Moderator Emeritus

[ Edited ]

ragcajun wrote:
Hi Brammy,

What was your limit with Walmart?  I got a lousy 300 bucks, but its up to a whopping 1K.. WOW  LOl

Lets put it like this.  The limit was so bad that if I wanted to by two weeks worth of groceries I would have had to bring an extra card.  FIred!!!  Had that card for two years and they would give a 100.00 CLI every 4 mos.  Now I use my Target Visa at Walmart.

Seems they go by whatever your credit file lokked like a the time of application.  Only had one low limit card at the time and have never seen an AR on any bureau.

Message Edited by Brammy on 09-21-2007 07:21 PM

Message Edited by Brammy on 09-21-2007 07:22 PM
Frequent Contributor

thanks sucks.  yeah I am getting 200 credit line increases.  i know use my amex gold rewards plus card.  I might as well earn some points!  LOL
AMEX GOLD-No Pre-Set Limit, AMEX Blue-$25K, AMEX Clear-$25K, AMEX Optima Plat-$25K, Sam;s Club $10K, Cap One $6K, Citi Plat.-$11K, Discover More -$10K, Columbia Bank-$9K
Moderator Emeritus

ragcajun wrote:
thanks sucks.  yeah I am getting 200 credit line increases.  i know use my amex gold rewards plus card.  I might as well earn some points!  LOL

I use the Target Visa out of spite:smileyvery-happy:

Established Member

I used to work at walmart and processed people's credit card requests often.

I had no way of knowing what their credit scores were, but a lot of people got instant approval for around $300.

Sometimes someone would get a $2,000 card, but I'm sure those people had outstanding credit already.

The way the process works is you go to the register and just ask to apply for credit.  You need your license and another CC.  They run both of them and in seconds you know if you're approved or not.  You can make one purchase then if you choose, or just wait for the card to arrive.
Established Contributor

Which card  the MC or Discover
People say "Only apply for credit you NEED"

I say "apply for credit you have PRATICAL use of"

I don't have AMEX card because I don't want a card that suffers from PMS

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions based on Experian or Equifax data (additional FICO® Score versions based on TransUnion data are not currently available on myFICO.com). Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.