Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart?

tag
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Re: Walmart?

Do you think i would have a good chance with a credit score of 604! Util is pretty high right now, my instincts are telling me to wait til my UTIL drops.
Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 51 of 95
nicemann
Established Contributor

Don't apply online for the card.  Go to a walmart store and apply at any register.  You have a much better chance of getting approved that way.  Plus you get an instant CL you can use that day.
Message 52 of 95
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Thanks!
Message 53 of 95
Kartel34
Regular Contributor

I was preapproved for the store card with a CL of, ready for this...150.Smiley Mad

So I used the card always paid in full,waited 6 months before asking for a CLI. Got denied.

Im going to wait until the 9 month mark and if Im still denied a CLI. Say hello to my shredder... just joking I meant my dog. I would have a shredder but I cant buy one with a 150 limit..Smiley Wink 
Message 54 of 95
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Well i was approved and i applied online,Instant approval credit limit is 700, and they pulled TU in NC!

How often do they give credit line increases?
Message 55 of 95
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied online during a recent app spree and was approved instantly CL $500.
Message 56 of 95
Anonymous
Not applicable

Walmart sux ... I got a card from The Gap, 300 CL  a Card from Old Navy 400 CL and a Cap one Card 1500 CL.. + a Loan for 10,000 from Members Exchange on a 2003 FX4 Truck.. I have low to mid 600's across the board and my debt to income ratio is only about 6%.... and Walmart will not give me a card ..I hope they never do.. I have to much of their crap in my house as it is..  I told the manager that I had  a Gap, Old Navy and Cap one card and he told me there must be a problem with my credit and I said I dont think so..Smiley Mad
Message 57 of 95
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh I wanted to add that the day I was turned down I put my walmart purchase on My cap One Card.. The Lady behind the cash register said is this a debit card and I said no mam it's a real life credit card .. She then said well I dont see why you cant get a walmart card...

bevy1234 wrote:
Walmart sux ... I got a card from The Gap, 300 CL  a Card from Old Navy 400 CL and a Cap one Card 1500 CL.. + a Loan for 10,000 from Members Exchange on a 2003 FX4 Truck.. I have low to mid 600's across the board and my debt to income ratio is only about 6%.... and Walmart will not give me a card ..I hope they never do.. I have to much of their crap in my house as it is..  I told the manager that I had  a Gap, Old Navy and Cap one card and he told me there must be a problem with my credit and I said I dont think so..Smiley Mad

Message 58 of 95
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was approved for a card 2 weeks ago applied online they didn't give me instant approval i called them a few days later to check the status of my application an i was approved over the phone for $300 Dollars.
Message 59 of 95
Anonymous
Not applicable

got approved in store and BF got instant approval online
Message 60 of 95
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.