Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wamu, Backdoor Number?

tag
eddymvp
Frequent Contributor

Wamu, Backdoor Number?

I was just denied for the wamu credit card as they pulled from EX and that's my lower score. I would like to call them and have them pull from TU. They will approve me if they pull from there as my score is 630 with TU and 598 with EX.

I also heard that they give you a score monthly. Where is that score from and how is it compare with the fico score?

Message Edited by eddymvp on 04-07-2008 10:33 AM
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wamu, Backdoor Number?

That score is the Bankcard Fico number.  In other words, its a score from FICO, also known as PFICO and its specfic for credit cards only. i have wamu visa and mc and i get both those scores. they are ususally much higher than a classic FICO score. although wamu doesnt update often.  i just looked at mine today, and its still from march  Smiley Mad
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

eddy, you can find WaMu's back door number listed in the sticky thread at top of the page.

Treat that PFICO score with a grain of salt. According to WaMu my my March 1 FICO score from WaMu is 617. But when I pulled my FICO scores here on March 4, it stood at 662.

Pretty big difference. But in all honesty, they duplicated the February's scores into March. Those lazy bones. Smiley Indifferent
Message 3 of 9
eddymvp
Frequent Contributor

I called the backdoor number and they customer service rep advice me that I have to do it online, So I insisted that I wanted to apply over the phone. He keeps denying and told me that the only way to apply is online and then hung up on me.

I don't think they have a great customer service rep as they are not willing to help anyone.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

eddy, WaMu has THE worst customer service around as far as cc's go.

I've never received any satisfaction from calling them either, and I have 2 of their cards.
Message 5 of 9
eddymvp
Frequent Contributor

How can I get to speak with someone to apply for a CC and have them pull either from TU or EQ.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

eddymvp wrote:
How can I get to speak with someone to apply for a CC and have them pull either from TU or EQ.

Sorry to say, but that's probably not going to happen.  They're going to pull from wherever they want to pull from.  Lately they seem to be pulling EX a lot.

Message 7 of 9
scramblingin2007
Established Contributor

eddymvp wrote:

eddy, they pulled TU for me the other day. I'm from CT if that helps...
Message 8 of 9
eddymvp
Frequent Contributor

I heard that they pull random between EX & TU.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.