Did you mean: 

Wamu CC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wamu CC

Hello,

I'm a bit perlexed at this scenario:

Received preapproval for WAMU credit card.  I login online and fill out the application and to my dismay I am rejected.  My fico scores range from 616,629,617.  What happened?  When I call in they say I will receive a letter outlining the reasons. 

Don't they already know you meet some type of criteria, which is why they send a preapproval letter?
I'm shocked because I  have 2 Capital 1 CC with 4500 CL an Express store card for 1000.  What in the world happened and this inquiry will reduce my credit score, correct?

Thanks

Message Edited by improvement on 09-06-2007 09:45 AM
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wamu CC

The same thing happened to me when I began working on my credit.  Sometimes I think they just pull names out of a hat and hope for the best.  It's very annoying since, yes, your score lowers a bit for every inquiry.  When you're trying to improve your credit, 5-6 points is too many.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wamu CC

I was denied several times. It might help with Wamu to have 0% UTL at the time they review your app. Smiley Sad Eventually you will be approved. You can reapply in 90 days. However you can try a recon letter with 0% UTL and see if you can over turn it. Good luck.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.