Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wamu/Chase combine ?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wamu/Chase combine ?

I have a BP chase card and a Wamu platinum card so i decided to call the # on the back of the bp card and combine the 2. I tell the rep i wanted to combine the 2 cards and he said it's called consolidating but that's not the big deal he said that he can move over $1k from the wamu to the bp card but the wamu will still have $500 left on it. He can't move over the whole $1500 from the wamu to the bp and he said the wamu will be open with $500 on it and i can use it as a back up card or i can close it. When i asked him why he said that's what the system lets him do. Has anybody heard of this happeneing? Should i call back and try again?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
alsawye
Contributor

Re: Wamu/Chase combine ?

i would say try calling the back door number if you have not already done so  maybe you will have more luck

Chase: 877-781-3109 (combining & product change)

Message 2 of 4
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

Yeah, that's what Chase has decided to do for everyone who wants to combine the two or more accounts. I tried completely consolidating two BoA cards into one but they had to leave $500 in the one that I didn't want to keep.
Message 3 of 4
voidman
Established Contributor

Last week i tried combining my 4k former wamu card into chase card, The lady said that she could only move 3.5k of credit to my chase freedom card and asked me if i want to close the wamu card now left with $500 CL, I thought this is a neat trick by chase to regain $500 from each wamu cards that they combile.

But I left it open, it will help to improve the fico score in Util and # of open credit with zero balance. I haven't been using the wamu cards, but now decided to keep it active by charging few dollars worth something on that card... humm, iPhone apps come to my mind (better than gum)

Message Edited by voidman on 04-06-2009 09:27 PM
-void
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.