cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wamu Credit Line Increases - Has anybody got one recently?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wamu Credit Line Increases - Has anybody got one recently?

Hello All....It is that time of year again, supposedly WAMU (Now Chase) reviews accounts about every six months for a cli.  Has anyone received an auto cli since the merger with Chase?  If so, please share your scores.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

Re: Wamu Credit Line Increases - Has anybody got one recently?

Chase and WaMu credit card operations are still separate. WaMu still makes their own credit decisions.

Some WaMu cards receive CLI and some do not. (The one I have is a dog and probably never will,) Some have reported here that they have received CLI's. Many others have reported CLD's, RJ'ings and account closures. WaMu is extremely erratic in how they treat their cardholders. They have problems differentiating between a cardholders credit at issuance and at present. Do not bet the farm on WaMu. It pays to diversify!

Message 2 of 6
GFer
Valued Contributor

Funny you should post this. I was just searching for recent posts on this subject out of curiosity and because Cap1 just gave me another one (second one in two months, although yesterday cli was by request.).

My 6m anniversary was 12/15 and my PFico went up almost 60pts in last two months alone and I've pif'd every month since having the card. Nada

Guess this is reflective of both or either: the credit crunch/tightening and/or WaMu's erratic behavior with customers. Oh, well. (One can hope...)

EQ 817, EX 815, TU 813 (Updated 1/5/18: TU 843

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have never had a CLI on any of my WAMU cards they sit at their original credit lines of $7000 and $5000. One account is 6 years old the other is 7 years old. However, these cards where issued by another bank and WAMU bought this bank out a few years back.  I have heard that they will not issue a CLI on cards that they do not originate themselves.  Do I know that as a fact? NO. I am just stating what has happened to my cards. My cards where issed as PRIME cards, still no CLI.

They do send me balance transfer checks all the time for 1.87% good for like 9 months but thats about it.

Message 4 of 6
GFer
Valued Contributor

That's interesting. I wouldn't have thought that would make a difference (who originates them...unless it was subprime).

And especially interesting that YOU haven't had cli with those scores! Doesn't give one much hope.

Aw well; guess it'll have to be an age-based card (down the road, of course). Maybe just start using if for FICO pulls only.

EQ 817, EX 815, TU 813 (Updated 1/5/18: TU 843

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 6
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have never had a CLI on any of my WAMU cards they sit at their original credit lines of $7000 and $5000. One account is 6 years old the other is 7 years old. However, these cards where issued by another bank and WAMU bought this bank out a few years back.  I have heard that they will not issue a CLI on cards that they do not originate themselves.  Do I know that as a fact? NO. I am just stating what has happened to my cards. My cards where issed as PRIME cards, still no CLI.

They do send me balance transfer checks all the time for 1.87% good for like 9 months but thats about it.

That is an interesting theory. I certainly can't disprove it. (Empiricism at its worst! I am a sample of one! And my card was surely issued sub-prime.)

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.