Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wamu Platinum Protect?

tag
heirophant
Established Contributor

Re: Wamu Platinum Protect?

I just paid off mine, then made a couple months worth of consistent use on the card.  Right at the 6 mnth mark they took me from 1,500 to 2,500 limit, and gave me an offer for 2.99 % until March.  I haven't taken them up on it yet.  I have until today to do it, but Chase just offered me 0 % until June on my Visa Platinum.  So I think I'll take the Chase offer.

I think Wamu wants some use other than just a BT to get a CLI, though.  You have to show you are a responsible credit user, not just a person who is taking advantage of BT offers.  After all, it is a CC, not a LOC.
Scores: TU (FICO8): 781, EQ (FICO8): 798, EX (FICO8): 788

In my wallet: Chase Sapphire Preferred: 16,000 | Chase Slate Edge: 8,100 | Bilt World Elite Mastercard: 16,000 | Fidelity Rewards Visa Signature: 8,500 | PenFed Visa Gold: 12,500 | Penfed Pathfinder: 15,000 | Apple Card: 6,500 | Lowe's: 35,000 | Northern Skies FCU Platinum: 15,000 | Kohls: 3,000

Mortgage 11/20
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

heirophant wrote:
I just paid off mine, then made a couple months worth of consistent use on the card.  Right at the 6 mnth mark they took me from 1,500 to 2,500 limit, and gave me an offer for 2.99 % until March.  I haven't taken them up on it yet.  I have until today to do it, but Chase just offered me 0 % until June on my Visa Platinum.  So I think I'll take the Chase offer.

I think Wamu wants some use other than just a BT to get a CLI, though.  You have to show you are a responsible credit user, not just a person who is taking advantage of BT offers.  After all, it is a CC, not a LOC.

I would take the Chase offer too! 

This was my second round with balance transfers though, come to think.   My first was when I accepted the card and paid that in full and then a few months later I noticed transfer balances online for 1.99%.   I took advantage of that and paid them off this month.   I just had varying months to pay off the 1.99% offers which was different.  Some expired in August, some in October and then some in Jan.  The one that expired in August would have reverted from 1.99% to 17.49% had I not paid it off.  

Anyway, thanks for the information.   Usage does seem to be the key with them; both purchases and balance transfers to get a CLI. 

Sandy

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Roxlie wrote:
I got a letter the other day congratulating me for having been upgraded to a "Platinum Protect" account. This was not at my request.

The letter indicated I would be receiving my new card in the mail shortly and in the mean time I can start taking advantage of the 5.99% APR until Jan 09.

Did anyone else receive one of these notices?

Roxlie;

Sorry to bogart your thread Smiley Sad    No I haven't received one of those notices.   I haven't received anything from WAMU of late but my statement.

Sandy

Message 13 of 15
stefanc
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@stefanc wrote:

I've had my WAMU for over a year and a half, with no CLI until last month (auto). I only use mine for BT's (I've never used the card for purchases) I've run through 3 cycles of BT's running it up to 2,500-ish down to 0 before the BT expires -- repeat...

They will not do requested increases. I've tried numerous times.

When I got my first "protect" upgrade I couldn't find anyone at a branch or via phone that had any clue what the card was about. There is an old thread about the original "upgrade" months ago.

Hi stefanc,
I just paid off my first BT promotion with WAMU this month. How long did it take for you to get another BT offer?
I just received my first CLI from them on this month's statement. I have been with them since 2006.
Thanks for the information.
Sandy

Hi Sandy

They sent BT checks every few weeks for a year at least, they stopped for a few months and then started back up again a few weeks ago. No rhyme or reason that I can tell in relation to the balance I had etc.

My DW has been getting them consistently without the lapse - Her cards are also BT only cards and she has never used them for purchases (she has 2 WAMU cards). She was able to get an interest rate reduction by calling, I've tried that but no go for me.
Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi stefanc,
I just paid off my first BT promotion with WAMU this month. How long did it take for you to get another BT offer?
I just received my first CLI from them on this month's statement. I have been with them since 2006.
Thanks for the information.
Sandy

Hi Sandy

They sent BT checks every few weeks for a year at least, they stopped for a few months and then started back up again a few weeks ago. No rhyme or reason that I can tell in relation to the balance I had etc.

My DW has been getting them consistently without the lapse - Her cards are also BT only cards and she has never used them for purchases (she has 2 WAMU cards). She was able to get an interest rate reduction by calling, I've tried that but no go for me.

Hi stefanc,

Thanks for the explanation!  I received a letter from WAMU today saying "Congratulations" on my CLI of $1,000.00 and if I needed anything further, to contact them online or by phone. 

I charged $20.00 worth of gas on Saturday and will pay that off before the statement generates.   Perhaps a few months breathing room from BTs is better anyway.  Smiley Happy

Sandy

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.