Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wamu Pre-Approval?

tag
eddymvp
Frequent Contributor

Wamu Pre-Approval?

I applied for  the wamu credit card back in march and was denying due to too many inquires. Today I received  a pre-approved offer. I'm not sure if I should accept this offer. I have opened 3 stores cards and one new credit card since I last applied for wamu.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Uniqua
Established Contributor

Re: Wamu Pre-Approval?

Don't waste the inquiry.
Message 2 of 8
eddymvp
Frequent Contributor

My score at that time was 598 in my Ex report and now is 640. The reason why I applied for this card was for the monthly fico score.
Message 3 of 8
Uniqua
Established Contributor

Yes, but you've app'd 4 more times since then. They already declined you for too many inquiries. They'll more than likely decline you for the same reason.
Message 4 of 8
eddymvp
Frequent Contributor

I thought with the pre-approval I was going to get automatic approve.
Message 5 of 8
Uniqua
Established Contributor

Not so. They still have to check your CR and those new inquiries will show. And think about it. If I am pre-approved, why do they need to check my credit report? Just send me the dang card! I'll decide if I want to activate it or not.

If you want to apply, by all means, do so. I just figured you would not want to take another hit. Those darn inquiries can cut like a knife.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got a WAMU pre-approval notice with virtually miserable credit some while back and they gave me a $3500.00 CL to start off with. With that being said, although my credit sucked, I also deposited just short of a million dollars into my one account with them (over that previous year).

Therefore, it is in my opinion that Wamu heavily weighs current big money or simply good banking customers into their approval scheme even when their credit is questionable at best.
Message 7 of 8
unknown_entity
Established Contributor

You have to wait 90 days to apply again at WaMu.
07/26/2007 TU-688
EQ-656
EX-649
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.