Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wamu Preapproval?

tag
wahmom
Frequent Contributor

Wamu Preapproval?

Hi,

Just went to wamu.com, signed in and clicked on find my offers. It came up with Platinum MC with 0% for 6 mths then 9.74 - 19.74%. Is this truly a preapproval or is this a normal app?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wamu Preapproval?

wahmom wrote:
Hi,

Just went to wamu.com, signed in and clicked on find my offers. It came up with Platinum MC with 0% for 6 mths then 9.74 - 19.74%. Is this truly a preapproval or is this a normal app?

It's a preapproval, but that doesn't mean it's an automatic approval.  You could still be denied.

Message 2 of 4
wahmom
Frequent Contributor

OK Thanks. I'm looking for true preapprovals. I guess there aren't many out there. I need a major cc but I hate having to waste the inquiry. I recently joined NFCU but I'm waiting on a few things to clear up on EQ before I apply with them.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

wahmom wrote:
OK Thanks. I'm looking for true preapprovals. I guess there aren't many out there. I need a major cc but I hate having to waste the inquiry. I recently joined NFCU but I'm waiting on a few things to clear up on EQ before I apply with them.

Even with a true preapproval, there is always a chance you could be denied.  True preapprovals, in the sense of knowing 100% that you will be approved before you actually apply, don't exist.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.