Frequent Contributor
wahmom

Wamu Preapproval?

Hi,

Just went to wamu.com, signed in and clicked on find my offers. It came up with Platinum MC with 0% for 6 mths then 9.74 - 19.74%. Is this truly a preapproval or is this a normal app?
Moderator Emeritus
cheddar

Re: Wamu Preapproval?

wahmom wrote:
Hi,

Just went to wamu.com, signed in and clicked on find my offers. It came up with Platinum MC with 0% for 6 mths then 9.74 - 19.74%. Is this truly a preapproval or is this a normal app?

It's a preapproval, but that doesn't mean it's an automatic approval.  You could still be denied.

----------------------------
App free since 7/11/08.
TU 744 / EX 710 / EQ 694 (Starting to slip. :smileysurprised: )
Frequent Contributor
wahmom

OK Thanks. I'm looking for true preapprovals. I guess there aren't many out there. I need a major cc but I hate having to waste the inquiry. I recently joined NFCU but I'm waiting on a few things to clear up on EQ before I apply with them.
Moderator Emeritus
cheddar

wahmom wrote:
OK Thanks. I'm looking for true preapprovals. I guess there aren't many out there. I need a major cc but I hate having to waste the inquiry. I recently joined NFCU but I'm waiting on a few things to clear up on EQ before I apply with them.

Even with a true preapproval, there is always a chance you could be denied.  True preapprovals, in the sense of knowing 100% that you will be approved before you actually apply, don't exist.

----------------------------
App free since 7/11/08.
TU 744 / EX 710 / EQ 694 (Starting to slip. :smileysurprised: )

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+