cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wamu and Cap One not reporting to TU or EX??? HELP!

tag
homewardbound
Contributor

Wamu and Cap One not reporting to TU or EX??? HELP!

I selected my credit cards with the sole purpose of rebuilding my credit and I had my mortgage broker pull my reports yesterday to get a preapproval on a home loan and he is telling me that they are only reporting to Equifax.  My cards are WAMU secured card, that was converted to a regular credit card because of good payment & standing and a Cap One card.

I called Cap One to tell them they need to report immediately to the other 2 bureaus and they are telling me to give them 10 days to process the request and another 10 days for the info to be received and entered by the credit bureaus!!  I don't have 20 days to wait for this to happen!

Can anyone give me some advise as to how I can get them to report to TU and EX immediately?  Have any of your methods been effective?  I really need to get my mortgage loan preapproval so I can start looking for a house!  Thanks so much for your advice.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
203bravo
Established Contributor

Re: Wamu and Cap One not reporting to TU or EX??? HELP!

It's up to the lender to report to the CRBs.  When did you establish these cards?  If they are new, then you just may not have gone through the normal reporting process yet.  If not - really not aware of any way to "speed" up the process.
Message 2 of 5
homewardbound
Contributor

the cards were established over 1 year ago.  are you saying i need to call the credit bureaus and not the credit card company?  i'm confused...
Message 3 of 5
203bravo
Established Contributor

No the bureaus are of no help to you.  In over a year they have never reported to the other 2 bureaus?  And you are just not learning of this?

The credit compaines must be memebers of the bureaus in order to report to them, and many companies do not report to all 3.  This is the reason that there is different information on all 3 reports, and you have 3 different scores.

You have requested the information to be reported, and as I'm aware this is all you can do at this time.  Just keep in mind that the the credit cards are by no means obligated to report.  Sorry.

Message 4 of 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Cap One and WaMu (now Chase) report to all three. After all, Cap One pulls all three reports. Smiley Tongue

I'm wondering if Chase and Cap One have an error on your SSN, the spelling of your name, etc., resulting in your info not showing on your files.

Try calling CS of both banks and going over the spelling of your name, your exact address, your SSN, etc.

Also, check your full reports to see how many different versions of your name etc are on the actual credit reports.
Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 05-07-2009 04:27 PM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.