Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wanna app Spree-with Med Collection

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wanna app Spree-with Med Collection

have been browsing lately, noticed a lot of people here doing app spree with medical collection accounts.I m tempted. My EQ & TU are on freezing as of July 1, 2014.

My best FICO score is 611 with EX (as of 6/30/2014; before the zero balance on credit cards).  I have OpenSky (Capital Bank) $250 Secure Credit Card  with one year of on time payments and as of 7/4/2014 balance is $0. the renew date is 7/14/2014 and AF= $50.Is it worth it.

I have a $600 medical collection account whose 4 years SOL ends in Sept 2014. I just got the $300 KOHL's approved last month, paid in full and zero balance. (first month Reported).
I have two Recent inquiries 1) KOHLs (5/25/2014) and 2) Reliant (6/14/14) a utility company along with Cap1(6/2013) and Two Bank of america (10/12).

Given that i want to AppSpree only EX and with the recent score of 611 with med acct, will i be approved for a VISA/MasterCard/Amex or wait till 4 years of medical account is out. ? After reading here, the cards i have come to believe pulls EX only are

Amex BCE/ Delta Gold Skymiles/ Costco True Earnings Card

FNBO Omaha (Platinum Edition Visa)

CitiAdvantage (masterCard)

Sam's Club (MasterCard) not sure if EX is what it pulls

or

Should i end up with another Secure Card with a higher limit than $250 andb wait till that secure card has 6 more months of online payments.  

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
HailtotheVictors79
Contributor

Re: Wanna app Spree-with Med Collection

I'm not an expert but I don't think you will get approved for any of the Amex or the Citi. I don't know much about the other 2.

Message 2 of 27
HailtotheVictors79
Contributor

Did Cap1 deny you?

Message 3 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

No haven't applied to Cap1 becoz they check all three reports and EQ & TU are on Freeze. (TU denied Walmart/.Discover It) and EQ is lowly 510 score.

The secure card is thru Capital Bank not CapitalOne

Message 4 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

with the understanding that you are not an expert please share your view of why Citi or Amex will not approve?

Message 5 of 27
HailtotheVictors79
Contributor

Based upon your score and the fact that you have no credit history involving an actual credit card, I would say you would have trouble with them. 

Message 6 of 27
TheFate
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

with the understanding that you are not an expert please share your view of why Citi or Amex will not approve?

Because your scores are very low, you have newly aged accounts and too many derogatories.

If I were you I would just keep building and work on getting those secured cards unsecured and those baddies removed before app spree'ing.. Just my opinion

Amex and Citi both require higher than 650+ to be approved to my understanding.

But if you do decide to app spree I wish you the best of luck and let us know the results!

Message 7 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Its exactly what i am debating in my head too. Whether to app spree with a 611 EX score. But also something i know, there isn't another card (like KOHLs) or Secure Card thats going to raise my scores anywhere up. I m not so blessed just yet to have someone do an AU for me.

thank you for being honest.

Message 8 of 27
HailtotheVictors79
Contributor

Time with what you currently have will raise your score. Paying on time and as the baddies age.

Message 9 of 27
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

I think it will be difficult to get approved with any prime lender while having an upaid collection.  And hitting the 4 year SOL does not remove the unpaid collection from your credit reports.  If you could find a way to get this reporting a $0 balance, maybe even by working out a settlement, these lenders might start to look at it as a past issue that was taken care of and may offer credit.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.