Turd_Furguson

Re: Wanna get a new CC before buying a home

My BoA was created in 2003. After digging around on my credit reports I have over 3k higher on my CC which would have put me somewhere around $13,900. Also I recently paid off a furniture loan over $3k. I purchased Suze Ormans kit just as something for me to look at here this evening. But if what the simulator says, I can be over 800 on my score by summer 09 if I pay off my CC. I am sitting at 735/745/759 with my scores. Sure my utilization is high. I have only been married a year. There were some big ticket expenses put on this card. Honeymoon, wedding rings, engagement rings. LOL! I told my wife that if I didn't marry her last year I wouldn't have any CC debt. :smileyvery-happy: I need to put this card away in the drawer. My latest purchases on it was a handgun and our summer vacation. But after viewing what my score could be, I am probably going to opt out of getting a new CC. I could probably cough up an easy $2700 to pay on this thing, plus I have my Stimulus check coming. There is another $1200. So $3900 total. I can usually handle $1000 payments each month right now. So on that note, my best bet is to take and get this card down to at least $5k and then start plowing money into my saving for a down payment.
Turd_Furguson

I have had over 14 cards in my lifetime so far. Just meandering my way down the APR pole to try for a 5% APR card someday. No I don't have cash saved up for a home purchase yet. As I would have to divert some funds elsewhere to pay for closing costs and blah blah.
Valued Contributor
debtisgood

Turd,

That sounds like a great plan. Buying a house sounds like it is easily within your reach, but with a little work you can get that house on the best possible loan terms possible. That is the sort of the thing that is usually worth 6 months to a year to wait for. Best of luck to you and the misses.
Senior Contributor
smallfry

In that case I would not apply for a card. Just pay the thing down as quickly as possible. A new card will double ding your score and won't help the utilization. 8% is a pretty good rate these days. You have an understanding wife or a real good hiding place for that gun. :smileyhappy:
Turd_Furguson

She lets me get what I want to an extent. My goal is to be able to buy a home this winter at some point. Hopefully I can make that happen.
Senior Contributor
smallfry

She lets you. :smileyhappy: LOL. Been there done that.
Frequent Contributor
firstinlastout

What's with the name TURD ? I am cracking up here. Is your name really Turd ?

God is keeping score....be good to others.
Turd_Furguson

No my name isn't Turd. :smileyhappy: I have to think I somehow have the upper hand in this marriage somehow. Now I have to convince her as to how close we are to being done with the CC and not using it anymore. So by August I can start saving a down payment plan.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+