cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wanna keep that non used card alive, without having to do a store run for a pack of gum?

tag
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Wanna keep that non used card alive, without having to do a store run for a pack of gum?

I've been trying to figure out an ideal way, as to keep my "padding" cards from CLD, or shutdown for non-usage (concentrating on the 5% rotation, and miles cards now).

I've been juggling the household bills back and forth between them, and have realized it's getting to be a pain in the buttocks.

I was getting ready for weekend travel, and decided to check my I-pass (I'm a F.I.B.), and "discovered" that I can do increments of ONE DOLLAR to load it for tolls.

So....I just put one buck on cap visa, one buck on cap mc, and one buck on PPExtra. Nice...no wasted efforts, or money.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
FastForward
Frequent Contributor

Re: Wanna keep that non used card alive, without having to do a store run for a pack of gum?

Smart thinking!  Smiley Wink

I don't have as many CCs as you and I'm also already trying to juggle my spend around on a couple that I'm just trying to hold on to 'til their anniversary dates.  Yes, you do have to get creative some times, lol!

AmEx PRG (NPSL) | AmEx BCP (10k) | AmEx Blue Cash (1k) | AmEx SPG (3.5k) | Barclay Arrival WMC (7.5k) | Barclay Sallie Mae (1.5k) | Cap1 QS (2k) | Chase Freedom (1k) | Discover IT (4.5k) | InTouch (Local) CU MC (5k) | InTouch (Local) CU LOC (25k)

Citi/Best Buy (AU) (1.5k) | Citi/Best Buy (7.5k) | Comenity/Crate & Barrel (4k) | Comenity/Restoration Hardware (9k) | GE/Ethan Allen (2.5k) | Synchrony Bank/Banana Republic (3.3k) | Synchrony Bank/Gap (3.3k) | Synchrony Bank/Walmart (3.3k)

myFICO scores ~ 691 (EQ) 670 (EX) 712 (TU) || Goal scores: 750+ (all 3)
Message 2 of 6
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: Wanna keep that non used card alive, without having to do a store run for a pack of gum?

Eh it's a part of the credit game LOL. I have 17 cards, only three in my wallet. The others get small charges every few months, and I pif before statement cuts! Lol
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 3 of 6
Coldness
Contributor

I have a couple that I wouldn't care if got closed (Paypal Smart Connect, I'm looking at you!) but for anything important I'll usually just slap netflix on it for one month out of the year. It takes only a few seconds to switch your payment method on their site, and I'm paying for it anyway. 

Message 4 of 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Looks like this method shall work OP to keep them active for a while. 

Message 5 of 6
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Nope. I'm having problems with cap one taking it. I think their computer is dorking out. One day it's pending, next is missing, now pending again. Available credit doesn't show the "pending" missing...I broke capital one again. Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.