Regular Contributor
Johnny_Favorite

Want a Prime Credit Card... My Approval Chances?

I finally fixed my credit report and no baddies anymore. My Equifax is 757 according to this website. Here's what my report has listed as positives:

Daniels Jewelers - Open 2/2004 - $150 paid as agreed (account reports as open even though I haven't used it in 8 years)

Fingerhut - Open 10/2012 - $200 limit/paid as agreed

US Bank Secured Visa - Open 9/2012 - $300 limit/paid as agreed

Barclays Bank Visa - AUTHORIZED USER/Open 9/2012 - $2400 limit Paid as agreed

As you can see most of the accts are open in September or October of this year. How long should I wait before I can be approved for a Prime Credit Card? 6 months? A year?

Thanks

Frequent Contributor
codimom

Re: Want a Prime Credit Card... My Approval Chances?

Most lenders like to see at least 6 months of good credit usage before offering more credit.  I would let your new cards age to at least 6 months, then I would apply for a Walmart card.  You may get the discover version, you may get the store card.  Its a good stepping stone to other cards. I used Target as my stepping stone.

Back in the garden!
App free since 23Oct2012 reset to 27Aug13 and reset again 4nov13

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}