cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want a card for 0% balance transfer. Which card can I get with my score?

Contributor

Want a card for 0% balance transfer. Which card can I get with my score?

Im thinking of apping for a card with 0% transfer apr to move my Amex balance to while I pay down. My intro APR period is about to expire and i think i may have 3k or so left to pay down when it does. What card should I app for with my current scores?

Tu 706
Ex 698

These should go up slightly when my cards report this month.

4 hard pulls showing
AAOA .9 years
Util is around 50% cause of 4k on an Amex BCE I'm paying down.


In the wallet:

Chase freedom 3k limit
Amex BCE 6k limit
Discover $1.5k limit



Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES
Mega Contributor

Re: Want a card for 0% balance transfer. Which card can I get with my score?


Funk-O-Meter wrote:
Im thinking of apping for a card with 0% transfer apr to move my Amex balance to while I pay down. My intro APR period is about to expire and i think i may have 3k or so left to pay down when it does. What card should I app for with my current scores?

Tu 706
Ex 698

These should go up slightly when my cards report this month.

4 hard pulls showing
AAOA .9 years
Util is around 50% cause of 4k on an Amex BCE I'm paying down.


In the wallet:

Chase freedom 3k limit
Amex BCE 6k limit
Discover $1.5k limit




I would give Citi a shot but you may have to recon due to the high util. on the BCE.




EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 27
Contributor

Re: Want a card for 0% balance transfer. Which card can I get with my score?

Exactly the info I need to hear. I may not even bother as the interest on 3k won't even be that bad. I haven't calculated it yet but it might not be as much as the transfer fee.
Message 3 of 27
Senior Contributor

Re: Want a card for 0% balance transfer. Which card can I get with my score?

You should take a look at the Chase Slate. They have a 0% intro APR for 14 months and 0 transfer fee for transfers made in the first 60 days.  It's not a rewards card, but if you're just looking for a place to stick a balance, while you pay it off, it should meet your needs.

 

Discover It also has 0% for the first 12-14months, but they are charging a 3% transfer fee.

Message 4 of 27
Mega Contributor

Re: Want a card for 0% balance transfer. Which card can I get with my score?


FocusedAndDetermined wrote:

You should take a look at the Chase Slate. They have a 0% intro APR for 14 months and 0 transfer fee for transfers made in the first 60 days.  It's not a rewards card, but if you're just looking for a place to stick a balance, while you pay it off, it should meet your needs.

 

Discover It also has 0% for the first 12-14months, but they are charging a 3% transfer fee.


OP has the freedom card so maybe if its got some good history on it they'll bite. Good advice.




EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 27
Contributor

Re: Want a card for 0% balance transfer. Which card can I get with my score?

Slate would be perfect but I was worried that even if I get approved (and its kind of a premium card) that I'd get some dinky $500 CL.
Message 6 of 27
Mega Contributor

Re: Want a card for 0% balance transfer. Which card can I get with my score?


Funk-O-Meter wrote:
Slate would be perfect but I was worried that even if I get approved (and its kind of a premium card) that I'd get some dinky $500 CL.

So is freedom and they gave you a 3K line..................Smiley Happy




EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 27
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Want a card for 0% balance transfer. Which card can I get with my score?

A family member of mine opened the Slate for a BT but wasn't given a high enough CL to transfer the entire balance. They called recon and within 10 minutes had a new credit limit.

BT was $7,000. They originally offered a CL of $4,500, but after recon this was increased to $8,000. All they said was they wanted to transfer the balance and leave enough for some purchases. Planned to use that card for daily spending, etc.

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 8 of 27
Super Contributor

Re: Want a card for 0% balance transfer. Which card can I get with my score?

check chase's credit card website for the preapproval link and see if you are preapproved.

If you are, your chances are extremely high. If you are not, your chances are still high as long as your freedom has been in good standing.

 

The impression I've always had is the the Freedom and Slate has same underwriting requirements.

If I'm preapproved for one, I was always preapproved for the other.

When my friends tried the preapproval, if they were not preapproved for the freedom, they wouldn't be for the Slate as well.

 

On top of that you already have a freedom. Chase's recon is very easy to talk to as well, so I think your best shot is with Chase.

I can't tell you about Citi because I don't have any of their cards

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 9 of 27
Super Contributor

Re: Want a card for 0% balance transfer. Which card can I get with my score?


FocusedAndDetermined wrote:

You should take a look at the Chase Slate. They have a 0% intro APR for 14 months and 0 transfer fee for transfers made in the first 60 days.  It's not a rewards card, but if you're just looking for a place to stick a balance, while you pay it off, it should meet your needs.

 

Discover It also has 0% for the first 12-14months, but they are charging a 3% transfer fee.


+1

 

Either will work, but Slate is better for all the reasons referenced above, along with having the unique feature of allowing you to pay in full new charges without having to pay off the entire 0% balance first.

Message 10 of 27