cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want a card for 0% balance transfer. Which card can I get with my score?

tag
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: Want a card for 0% balance transfer. Which card can I get with my score?

Congrats!!!!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 21 of 27
enharu
Super Contributor

grats!

so they did 2 HPs for you or?

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 22 of 27
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

@Funk-O-Meter wrote:

So I lept out of the garden and decided to app for the Slate figuring all I had to loose is an HP. I called chase to see if I had had my freedom account with them a year and I had. IMy balance was really low as well. so I apped on line. I was approved instantly. But for only $500. Which was no help as I was getting the card for the BT deal. I asked the custo service agent for a CLI. She said it would be a hard pull this time as opposed to the soft pull for the card app. It was tagged pending and she offered to transfer me to another agent to negociate a CLI. The new agent gave me $5k CL just like that!

The hits just keep on coming.

I love you guys and this forum. I would have never been able to get where I am without it.

Congrats! Glad it worked out for you. 

Message 23 of 27
Funk-O-Meter
Contributor

No they only did a soft to approve me for the card since I have an account with them. The HP was for the CL negotiation. So it worked out great.

Now to pay off my one large balance, sock drawer everything and sit in the garden for a while and feed the pigeons. Smiley Happy

My scores have taken a beating in the last year since I got some good TL's and actually used them. It's a funny game this.
Message 24 of 27
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

Congratulations and good luck working on that balance! Even if it was 2 HPs, the interest savings definitely sound worth it.

Try to have a little post-mortem and figure out where you went wrong so that it doesn't happen again.

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 25 of 27
Funk-O-Meter
Contributor

It was actually what went right! Not with regard to my credit scores but with regard to a few fantastic opportunities that my cards allowed me to take advantage of. I regret nothing Smiley Happy

Your correct of course. It's time to get back to the gardening plan that was interrupted. Maybe it's time to freeze all but one card in cups of water and leave them in the freezer for a while. One of my favorite tricks.
Message 26 of 27
boomhower
Valued Contributor

Congrats!  You got the best card for your needs. 

Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.