Senior Contributor
youngandcreditwrthy

Re: Want a card for 0% balance transfer. Which card can I get with my score?

Congrats!!!!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $12.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Arrival $12.7k | Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Super Contributor
enharu

grats!

so they did 2 HPs for you or?

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Valued Contributor
FocusedAndDetermined

Funk-O-Meter wrote:

So I lept out of the garden and decided to app for the Slate figuring all I had to loose is an HP. I called chase to see if I had had my freedom account with them a year and I had. IMy balance was really low as well. so I apped on line. I was approved instantly. But for only $500. Which was no help as I was getting the card for the BT deal. I asked the custo service agent for a CLI. She said it would be a hard pull this time as opposed to the soft pull for the card app. It was tagged pending and she offered to transfer me to another agent to negociate a CLI. The new agent gave me $5k CL just like that!

The hits just keep on coming.

I love you guys and this forum. I would have never been able to get where I am without it.

Congrats! Glad it worked out for you. 

New Contributor
Funk-O-Meter

No they only did a soft to approve me for the card since I have an account with them. The HP was for the CL negotiation. So it worked out great.

Now to pay off my one large balance, sock drawer everything and sit in the garden for a while and feed the pigeons. :smileyhappy:

My scores have taken a beating in the last year since I got some good TL's and actually used them. It's a funny game this.
From no credit to EQ 747 in 16 months using info from these forums!

Chase Freedom 3k, Chase Slate 5k, Chase Sapphire Preferred 6.4K Amex Blue Cash 9k, Discover More 5K, Citi Simplicity 3.2k

RIP: Orchard/Cap1 520CL

Fico 726

Valued Contributor
SnackTrader

Congratulations and good luck working on that balance! Even if it was 2 HPs, the interest savings definitely sound worth it.

Try to have a little post-mortem and figure out where you went wrong so that it doesn't happen again.

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $22.200, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Chase CSP (4/14) $12,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Forward (12/12) $9,600, Chase Freedom (12/12) $5,000

Last App: April 2, 2014
New Contributor
Funk-O-Meter

[ Edited ]
It was actually what went right! Not with regard to my credit scores but with regard to a few fantastic opportunities that my cards allowed me to take advantage of. I regret nothing :smileyhappy:

Your correct of course. It's time to get back to the gardening plan that was interrupted. Maybe it's time to freeze all but one card in cups of water and leave them in the freezer for a while. One of my favorite tricks.
From no credit to EQ 747 in 16 months using info from these forums!

Chase Freedom 3k, Chase Slate 5k, Chase Sapphire Preferred 6.4K Amex Blue Cash 9k, Discover More 5K, Citi Simplicity 3.2k

RIP: Orchard/Cap1 520CL

Fico 726

Valued Contributor
boomhower

Congrats!  You got the best card for your needs. 

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}