cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want a card for 0% balance transfer. Which card can I get with my score?

tag
Funk-O-Meter
Contributor

Re: Want a card for 0% balance transfer. Which card can I get with my score?

Followed the link for pre approved cards and got:

"We are unable to locate any special credit card offers for you at this time.

This may be because you have opted out of "pre-screened" offers from Chase and other companies or you have recently responded to another offer from Chase.

However, we may still have products to meet your needs. Please continue to chase.com."

My Chase is my oldest at 9 months. Never late. Never maxed. I do think I append for a Saphire Preferred and got declined about 6 moths ago. And I have had a CLI since I had it too. Maybe they're just not that into me?
Message 11 of 27
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Funk-O-Meter wrote:
Followed the link for pre approved cards and got:

"We are unable to locate any special credit card offers for you at this time.

This may be because you have opted out of "pre-screened" offers from Chase and other companies or you have recently responded to another offer from Chase.

However, we may still have products to meet your needs. Please continue to chase.com."

My Chase is my oldest at 9 months. Never late. Never maxed. I do think I append for a Saphire Preferred and got declined about 6 moths ago. And I have had a CLI since I had it too. Maybe they're just not that into me?

You might want to wait it out 3 months when the freedom hits 1 year and go for the slate.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 12 of 27
enharu
Super Contributor

i would recommend you wait for 3 more months, then apply for another chase card.

however if you really can't wait and need to cut down on those interest fees right away, just apply for the slate and call recon to explain.

the slate has similar UW to the freedom so you shouldn't be too far off away.

the CSP is a lot harder to get than the freedom and slate, so you shouldn't use the CSP to gauge your chances for freedom or slate.

Chase rarely ever gives out any auto CLI. It's not just you. It's how they do things. If you initiated a CLI it was a HP. And since they approved you for a CLI, you are doing something right in their books.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 13 of 27
Funk-O-Meter
Contributor

Good point. Maybe I just continue to pay down and garden for 3 months even if it means paying a little on interest charges when my Amex intro period ends in may.
Message 14 of 27
Funk-O-Meter
Contributor

Then again after calculations based on my estimated payments I could save $200-300 in interest charges if I could transfer to a 0% APR card. Even the citi with the %3 fee would save me a bit.

Hummmmm
Message 15 of 27
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

So why not try the Slate??? Saving money trumps INQs in my opinion. You've had a Chase card in good standing for 9 months, and as I said before they have very good recon on the Slate card.

And I'm not the only one saying this type of thing, so unless you just want to worry all day, pay interest, and ignore all of this advice I think the Chase Slate is your best financial option.

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 16 of 27
Funk-O-Meter
Contributor

Or I could convert all my money to French Dabloons, bury it all in my back yard and move into a hermit cave in the Ozarks my only friend a rock named Ed.

Just kidding. I'm not ignoring the advice I'm just weighing my options. You've got a good point about HP's vs saving $. I don't have much to loose really. A HP maybe.
Message 17 of 27
enharu
Super Contributor

@Funk-O-Meter wrote:
Or I could convert all my money to French Dabloons, bury it all in my back yard and move into a hermit cave in the Ozarks my only friend a rock named Ed.

Just kidding. I'm not ignoring the advice I'm just weighing my options. You've got a good point about HP's vs saving $. I don't have much to loose really. A HP maybe.

as long as your freedom card is in good standing (no lates, no overlimits, or anything out of the ordinary), you should be approved for the slate. You might not get an approval instantly, but a phone call to recon will certainly fix that.

Don't pay any kind of finance fees if you don't have to. Just apply for the card now, or whenever BEFORE amex or your other cards start charging you interest fees. 

Chase might decline you initially even citing your account is under 1 year, but like many have said, their recon department is easy to work with and many things are negotiable. Their main concern is your ability to repay debt on time. You just have to convince them somehow.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 18 of 27
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

+1@snacktrader.

I'd for Citi Diamond Preferred 18 mos 0%
The Discover It even has an option to lower the 0% purchase duration to 6 months and extend the bt apr of 0% to 18 mos
Also,
Many Barclay's cards offer 15 mos 0%.

You have a lot of options here!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 19 of 27
Funk-O-Meter
Contributor

So I lept out of the garden and decided to app for the Slate figuring all I had to loose is an HP. I called chase to see if I had had my freedom account with them a year and I had. IMy balance was really low as well. so I apped on line. I was approved instantly. But for only $500. Which was no help as I was getting the card for the BT deal. I asked the custo service agent for a CLI. She said it would be a hard pull this time as opposed to the soft pull for the card app. It was tagged pending and she offered to transfer me to another agent to negociate a CLI. The new agent gave me $5k CL just like that!

The hits just keep on coming.

I love you guys and this forum. I would have never been able to get where I am without it.

Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.