cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want new card for diversity and BT, can you help?

tag
Kiwill
Frequent Contributor

Want new card for diversity and BT, can you help?

Thanks for reading this far ;-). 

I've made some major changes in my credit portfolio in the last 30 days, they're all definite steps in the right direction, i'm on cruise control in the 700 club to financial freedom. 

I won't consider appying for anything that will look at EX right now as I am currently disputing a bogus collection account and I believe I won't have any luckk any time soon with that.  Anyway, I'm looking for a card that will pull either TU or EQ because they're both the same, TU has only 3 inquiries in the last 12mos. 

Here is what I looked like before the changes:

1. Chase

2. BBRZ MC

3. Orchard

4. Capital One Plat

5. NFCU CR

6. Restoration Hardware

7. Children's Place

8. Meijer

9. The Room Place

10. Pottery Barn

11. New York & Co.

12. Macy's

I just closed BBRZ MC and Chase, will be closing Orchard on March 2011, removed Meijer as an AU, added NFCU LOC to BT all other cc account balances accept for The Room Place and Pottery Barn.  I am curretly looking for another cc to BT my  Pottery Barn[$4000 @  19% & Room Place $3800 @ 25% because I need to pay as little interest as possible so that I may pay down all my debt faster because my financial future is very unstable right now.  When the new account and 3 additional inquires hit my score will take a nice little hit but I will rebound as the other accounts will show zero balalance, also my util. will decrease because i'm not using the total amount of the LOC to BT and I got about $2000 in cli's. 

So can you suggest cc's for me and my situation with my scores, i'm looking at 730-760 if not more by the time all my accounts update? 

With the new account most likely reporting probably by the end of November, when would be a good time to app for another card?  I have to do something, with these crazy APR's i'm not putting a dent in my principal balance. 

Starting Score: EQ 729, TU 752, EX ? (1/1/2011)
Current Score: EQ 696, TU 718, EX 686 - PSECU (5/17/2011)
Goal Score: ALL 800+ by December 31, 2011

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
PROUD MEMBER OF THE 700 CLUB!
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Want new card for diversity and BT, can you help?

I'm not sure how old your remaining accounts are (it might matter for my suggestion), but have you considered opening up an NFCU credit card? They typcially give larger credit lines, and they frequently have BT offers going on. And, they only pull Equifax.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got a BT on a citi card.  0.00 APR for 21 months on BT, with only a 3% fee.

no rewards or anything..but it gives you 21 months at 0.00APR, also 12 months new purchase 0.00APR and 11.99% afterwards...But this card has no rewards.

Discover has something 12 months I believe 0.00APR.  But they have a higher fee (4% i think), and higher purchase APR....but they also have some sort of reward program.

Message 3 of 9
Kiwill
Frequent Contributor

Yes that was my first option.  I have the NFCU cash rewards already but the limit is low and applied for and was approved for the Navchek LOC.  At the same time I applied for a cli on my current card and applied for a 2nd card as I saw many others were having luck but they needed to verify my income but i can't because i'm a real estate professional and get paid by commission and not a salary.  It would be nice to find a cc company who is mostly likely to approve on excellent scores and not need additional information.  I have the income to pay but can't prove it, I can't use my DH because his credit is recently screwed up because he'll be filing BK soon.  We use to depend on his credit and now mine. 

Message 4 of 9
Kiwill
Frequent Contributor

"I just got a BT on a citi card.  0.00 APR for 21 months on BT, with only a 3% fee.

no rewards or anything..but it gives you 21 months at 0.00APR, also 12 months new purchase 0.00APR and 11.99% afterwards...But this card has no rewards."

Can you please tell your stats when you applied for Citi?  This is the card that I looked at but i'm terrified of another fruitless inquiry.  Were you instantly approved?  What is your CL? Did you have to state an income?  What are your scores?  Sorry for all the questions, just want to know what my chances are of getting approved. 

Message 5 of 9
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Here's another suggestion for a BT card: if US Bank has a physical branch anywhere in your state, you can get a CC from them. They often have good BT offers.

Rewards aren't anything special, but that seems to be typical of cards that offer good BT's. To me, good BT offers (and high potential CL's) are just different types of rewards. Smiley Wink

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 9
Kiwill
Frequent Contributor

Thanks, I do have US Bank nearby so I will definitely do some research!

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kiwill:

I honestly did not know what my CS was when I applied for it.  I am thinking it is what it is close to now (761)

I just went to the website and signed up, it was a instance acceptance at 7,200 credit limit.

They did ask how much $$$$ I brought in..they also requested Ph# of employer in the application

It was pretty painless.

hope ths helps

Message 8 of 9
Kiwill
Frequent Contributor

Great, thanks for the information superdeluxe.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.