cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want the Marriott but......Finstar needed!

tag
Cstone87
New Contributor

Want the Marriott but......Finstar needed!

Want to finish my app spree but have accumulated a few cards too many, don't want to risk AA on current Ritz or CSP. How does Chase view new accounts? I hadn't prior to this spree apped for anything since 2011.

@Finstar any additional advice....Chase guru!

Too many cards
DOJ
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Want the Marriott but......Finstar needed!

@Cstone87 wrote:

Want to finish my app spree but have accumulated a few cards too many, don't want to risk AA on current Ritz or CSP. How does Chase view new accounts? I hadn't prior to this spree apped for anything since 2011.

@FinStar any additional advice....Chase guru!

Hey Cstone -

Well let's see if we can crack the nut.  You won't really risk AA on your Ritz or CSP.  Chase can approve a 3rd CC (sometimes a 4th) if spaced properly and if you have an excellent credit profile.  What more than likely may happen is if you are not approved, you can see about appealing the decision.  Or, if approved for a lower CL, you have the option to reallocate/shift some of the CLs from existing cards - depending on the age of the accounts.

Chase typically likes to see some established history with their own accounts before granting a 3rd one, unless (there's always an exception) you have good/excellent credit, some substantial deposit/brokerage relationship or CPC (banker's endorsment) to leverage a possible approval.  Lots of variables at play of course.

So, how does your current, overall profile look?  How old are those 2 Chase CCs and what CLs do you have on those?  How about scores and AAoA?  Any derogs?

Message 2 of 10
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@Cstone87 wrote:

@FinStar any additional advice....Chase guru!

Hey Cstone -

Well let's see if we can crack the nut.  You won't really risk AA on your Ritz or CSP.  Chase can approve a 3rd CC (sometimes a 4th) if spaced properly and if you have an excellent credit profile.  What more than likely may happen is if you are not approved, you can see about appealing the decision.  Or, if approved for a lower CL, you have the option to reallocate/shift some of the CLs from existing cards - depending on the age of the accounts.

Chase typically likes to see some established history with their own accounts before granting a 3rd one, unless (there's always an exception) you have good/excellent credit, some substantial deposit/brokerage relationship or CPC (banker's endorsment) to leverage a possible approval.  Lots of variables at play of course.

So, how does your current, overall profile look?  How old are those 2 Chase CCs and what CLs do you have on those?  How about scores and AAoA?  Any derogs?

if you recently got your 2 accounts, they'd probably ask to see more history out of those 2 first before giving out another. +1 to Fin Smiley Happy

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 3 of 10
sillykitty1
Established Contributor

I applied and received 2 Chase cards (Marriott & CSP), I then applied within 30 days for a 3rd Chase card, I was denied and told they weren't willing to extend more credit without some payment history.

Message 4 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@sillykitty1 wrote:

I applied and received 2 Chase cards (Marriott & CSP), I then applied within 30 days for a 3rd Chase card, I was denied and told they weren't willing to extend more credit without some payment history.

+1

Forgot to mention Cstone87. internal limit also plays a key factor as well.

Message 5 of 10
dpechal
Regular Contributor

FROM EXPERIENCE.....

I applied for 3 chase cards in one month.... Military Star Card, Marriott, Ritz Carlton...  I received the following CL's.

Military: $2k

Marriott: $5k

Ritz: 9k

Upon receiving each I requested a CLI on all three...  Military is now $4k, Marriott: $10k, Ritz: 16k.

My income is only 40k/yr.

It has been three months since I have requested.  I have ran about 4k through the 3 cards so far.  No issues or anything of that nature... Def. give it a try, besides AMEX I find chase to be most forgiving when issuing CLI's.  

***$25,500******$20,000******$20,000******$20,000******$15,000********NPSL****

Message 6 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Cstone87 wrote:

Duck card approval!!!! 15K 9.9%!!!! Rewards verision, wondering if I should have picked the regular platinum? 

GARDEN TIME!!!! Too many approvals!!!! 

2 Chase-Ritz 21k, CSP CLI to 17K

1 Wells Fargo 12K

1 FIA/Fidelity- 12K

Duck Card-15K

3 Comenity (All above 10K, Gander, Total Rewards, HSN Mastercard)

NO MORE APPS UNTIL 2016!!!!!

Just ran into your other application spree post in the Card Approvals forum... Sorry I was late to the party! 

IMO, a 3rd Chase CC at this point may be a bit sketchy since you just opened the other 2 CCs with them.  FIA might be reporting by now, and maybe a couple of those Comenity CCs as well.

Message 7 of 10
ZeroChance
New Contributor

@Cstone87: I know we all have different reasons for getting different credit cards, but I'd like to know why you want the Marriott give you already have the RC. Both are essentially the same program. Is there a benefit to having both?

ZC
Message 8 of 10
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Honestly I do not think it is a good idea at the present moment...looks to me you were quite busy with new apps and Chase is inq sensitive...I would wait for the next 70K offer and then jump in...just my 2 cents Smiley Happy ...Congrats on all the approvals !
Message 9 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

If you want it and the 70k bonus is worth it go for it!

you might be able to take a little CL from one of your other 2 new cards and get it opened if you have to and then in a couple months with history just CLI.

its going to come down to the rep you get on recon if it's not an instant... tell them it's the holidays and you have LOTS of travel to do and you were hoping to turn to Chase for all your needs! Smiley Tongue

if it's a no go, it's a no go, what's 1 more INQ on the end of a spree... I dislike passing up chances over "Chances" of a no when it's more beneficial to get it if you can!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.