New Contributor
shorefox

Want to App, but don't really need the card!?

Ok, I'm drawn in to the CSP because I want a card from Chase, I like the fact that it is metal (will probably regret later lol), & I like the signup bonus (at the bank on their materials it says 2,000 spend in 3 months). Fact is, I don't really need it, & would use it sparingly. Currently have a Citi with a 10k limit and a Zync NPSL. So the question is..to app..or not to app?!

Starting Score: 737 (EXP - Amex Pull 6/29/12) | 732 (CreditKarma)
Current Score: 737
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
creditnocash

Re: Want to App, but don't really need the card!?

dont app for what you dont need. 

do you have other cards? 

aaoa? 

if you only have two cards id say go for it just to have a third but you could always just use that card to get the bonus while sd the zync and other card for a month. 

Current: Discover Fico 701 10/14 Walmart Fico 689 9/14

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 3 TU 0 EX 0 | Most Recent: 09/26/2014

2014 Goals:
Lower Utility
47%(OUCH!!)
Freedom Signature

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$2900
Citi Diamond Preferred$6000
Citizens Mastercard$7000
New Contributor
shorefox

creditnocash wrote:

do you have other cards? 

aaoa? 

if you only have two cards id say go for it just to have a third but you could always just use that card to get the bonus while sd the zync and other card for a month. 

I just have my Citi Dividend (10k limit), Zync NPSL, Kohl's card (don't use it so I'm going to let it cancel itself), & dell preferred account (not a credit card though). Aaoa is around 2.5 years (but I don't really care about aaoa). Also, if I apped, would you go for the visa or mastercard? 

Valued Contributor
creditnocash

shorefox wrote:

creditnocash wrote:

do you have other cards? 

aaoa? 

I just have my Citi Dividend (10k limit), Zync NPSL, Kohl's card (don't use it so I'm going to let it cancel itself), & dell preferred account (not a credit card though). Aaoa is around 2.5 years (but I don't really care about aaoa). Also, if I apped, would you go for the visa or mastercard? 

how old is the kohls? 

if its no annual fee dont canel it. just sd it. 

as for the csp. can you chose? 

whichever you prefer i guess. 

but most places take visa and mastercard its the amex's you gotta worry about!. 

2014 Goals:
Lower Utility
47%(OUCH!!)
Freedom Signature

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$2900
Citizens Mastercard$7000
New Contributor
shorefox

creditnocash wrote:

shorefox wrote:

creditnocash wrote:

do you have other cards? 

aaoa? 

how old is the kohls? 

Kohl's is 2 years old. Should I just let it sit in the sd & let them cancel for inactivity if they do that? 

Valued Contributor
creditnocash

shorefox wrote:

creditnocash wrote:

shorefox wrote:

creditnocash wrote:

do you have other cards? 

aaoa? 

how old is the kohls? 

Kohl's is 2 years old. Should I just let it sit in the sd & let them cancel for inactivity if they do that? 

i would buy something small every once in a while. 

just put 1 dollar on mine to get the 30% off and put the rest on my amex for a keurig. so 1  dollar every 3-4 months LOL. 

if you do decide to close it it will report good for 10 years and then fall off your reports. by then most of your other cards will age as well. 

2014 Goals:
Lower Utility
47%(OUCH!!)
Freedom Signature

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$2900
Citizens Mastercard$7000
Shogun

creditnocash wrote:

do you have other cards? 

aaoa? 

+1  If you don't need it, don't app for it.   :smileyhappy:

Starting Score: 504

July 2013 score: EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!
Senior Contributor
Wolf3

Yes , you should have a backup.

Established Contributor
migliogiorni

I really want this card, dun need it but think its cool looking lol.  Since you're closing kohle's I would try and find something to replace it if you wish.

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Senior Contributor
youngandcreditwrthy

You don't have many cards... You'd prob get a nice uptick in your score if you open another account...
It's a fact that a long history with a lot of avail credit to you impacts your fico positively...
That's my opinion :-)

Just use it, at least a little... Creditors like to see responsible use vs. no use or overuse !!

:-)
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $12.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Arrival $12.7k | Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}