Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to Cancel Merrick Secured Card

tag
rbon
New Contributor

Want to Cancel Merrick Secured Card

Good morning,

I have had a Merrick Secured card for almost 2 years. I called several times for 1 - a credit limit, and 2 - transiition to a regular card. They would do neither. Now that I have better cards such as the Chase Freedom Card and Chase Slate, I'm looking to cancel the Merrick Secured card. My question is, my deposit with them was $670. For those of you that have cancelled, how long was it before you got your deposit back and did you have to do so in writing? 

I assumed they had to get the deposit back to you in 6 weeks and you could cancel over the phone. I have read online (just by googling and not on these forums) that they actually take 90 days to get it back to you and do not initiative the process unless you do so in writing. 

Thanks.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Florida1990
Frequent Contributor

Re: Want to Cancel Merrick Secured Card

Most secured Card Companies have different policies but I beleive for Merrick Bank they will cancel your account but will issue your deposit after about 30 days or more if you stil have a balance and to make sure that nothing else is pending in the account. If you have not used the card within 30 days the refund check issue can happen within 10-14 days. 

Pre-CH7 Scores- TU 584 EX 540 EQ 581
Post-CH7 Scores- TU 656 EX 630 EQ 670

Navy Fed Cash Rewards-$4,500, Credit One MC $500, Credit One VS $700 Ollo Platinum MC $900, Avant MC $1,000 Primor Secured Vs. $200, Wayfair $750, Eddie, Jcrew, Boscov $250-$300.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.