Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to Give CCCU a Try

tag
headspin
New Contributor

Want to Give CCCU a Try

So yesterday I applied for membership at Alliant, waiting to see what comes of that.  I was thinking of giving it a try with CCCU, but there hasn't been much talk about them lately.  Has anyone applied with them recently, if so what was the outcome?  Here is my situation, I have 3 CC, Macy's 800 CL, Credit One 800 CL, and HSBC 500 CL, I believe CCCU pulls Experian, so of course I don't know what my score is with them but my Equifax is 678.  Equifax and TU both report a paid off judgment from 2004, but Experian does not, so I think my best bet is to apply with creditors who only pull Experian.  I can only hope my score is higher with Experian since I have no baddies report with them.  What do you all think?  Should I apply w/ CCCU?  What do you think my chances are?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Underh20
Frequent Contributor

Re: Want to Give CCCU a Try

What is CCCU?
Message 2 of 4
headspin
New Contributor

Christian Communities Credit Union.  mycccu.com, it used to be talked about daily on this board, but it seems to have died down a bit.  Anyone applied to them lately?
Message 3 of 4
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

@headspin wrote:
Christian Communities Credit Union.  mycccu.com, it used to be talked about daily on this board, but it seems to have died down a bit.  Anyone applied to them lately?

I think CCCU is great.  I just got a cc with them last March.  I could not get any credit due to a bk back in 1999. I paid cash for everything for the past 10 yrs.  My bk is finally off of all 3 credit reports as of this month.  I was also approved for a small installment loan through them.  I didn't need either the cc or the small loan, but did it just to catch up so to speak on today's credit scale.  I live in CA. They pulled EX for me.  They also report to all 3 CB's.  I happen to be lucky enough to have one of their offices within a couple of miles of my home.  They are polite, friendly and have always returned my calls when I had questions.  I am close to transferring my checking acct with them.  I also have transferred my savings to them.  I dumped Chase.  I don't care for any type of a "bank" mentality today.  I doubt that I will ever go back to the "typical" bank.  I will stay with the credit union from now on.  Hope this little bit of info helps you.  Good luck in whatever decision you make.  
Message Edited by Imhotrodcrazy on 06-17-2009 03:50 PM
FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.