Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to app for Amex Zync but...

tag
2NE1
Established Contributor

Re: Want to app for Amex Zync but...

@chris2k5 wrote:

Can anyone give a good tutorial on how to recon? I have tried reconning 2 times before with no success and I feel like I always do it wrong.

THIS. yeah I need a tutorial as well. Smiley Indifferent

Message 11 of 98
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

From a scoring perspective all those inquiries roll up into one assuming they were all done by the dealer finance department on the same day.  Really all within a two week period definitely do on the older FICO models, the '08 may even be longer.  You won't be denied from any reasonable lender for that alone, though Amex is a strange beast as others pointed out, on a number of levels.

That does seem awfully high for inquiries from a single dealer, though I've yet to review my Experian report since I bought a car (and being in CA it's a good bet any single pull was an EX one).

        
Message 12 of 98
RyVision
Valued Contributor

@getahead wrote:

does anyone have the exec office for amex recon, I recently app & got denied but they did offer the $500 w/autopay.  When I checked this morning on the status, it said declined.  I called the cust serv # & I swear it sounded like a Peggy & he had no clue on what I was talking about, the $500 w/autopay.  He kept saying wait form my letter, so I'm thinking if I call the Exec office to recon maybe I'll have success.  I read here that amex screws up on the banking #'s, I think maybe thats my case.

I don't have that number but I had nearly the exact same thing happen to me when I first applied for the ZYNC.  I called, twice (number on the denial page and one I looked up) nothing, it was done (sigh). Waited 5 months and instant nano-second approval NPSL.  So no 200 or 500 stuff to deal with. And actually, I haven't hit 500 on it since I got it in Sept. Smiley Very Happy

jo75olds;  if you apply and are denied, you might be able to call and explain the inq's are due to a car loan (if they're close together time wise). Otherwise, another inq might not matter too much if the "recently" is a few months ago. They start to count against you less after 6 months anyway, and very little after a year.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 13 of 98
jo75olds
New Contributor

Just applied and got the message with $200 witout checking link / $500 with... So I added my checking account but the next page makes it sound like they can still deny the application?!?!?!

Any one got denied after they put there bank account info into it?

Starting Score: EQ: 632, TU: 715, EX: 700
Current Score: EQ: 684, TU: 684, EX: 696
Goal Score: 825+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 14 of 98
RyVision
Valued Contributor

@jo75olds wrote:

Just applied and got the message with $200 witout checking link / $500 with... So I added my checking account but the next page makes it sound like they can still deny the application?!?!?!

Any one got denied after they put there bank account info into it?

Not that I've heard of other than when there's an error in their system (banking info or something).  I hope you were using IE and not FireFox when you app'd and got that (sometimes FireFox causes problems I hear, IIRC).

You should also get an email that gives you a link, plus an email with their decision.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 15 of 98
jo75olds
New Contributor

Ok great, yeah I use IE9, not a big fan of firefox

Message 16 of 98
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

AmEx Executive Services: 800-297-6197

Good Luck!
Message 17 of 98
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@jo75olds wrote:

Ok, I want to app for a Zync card, I know Amex usually pulls Experian, and I have a 700 score, which I think should be good enough for the Zync but due to buying a new car this year, and the dealers finance guy applying for a loan to I think every bank known to man, I have a large number of Inquires, 24 to be exact.

I have never made a late payment, or have anything bad coming up on my credit report.

Should I app for the Zync card? I really do want it, but I don't want to waste an Inquire at this point because there are already so many on there

Thanks,

Jim

Are all of your INQ's auto related??

Any recent credit INQ's?

If any credit INQ's are 6+ months old I'd apply and if it declines for INQ's recon it.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 18 of 98
jo75olds
New Contributor

Denied!!!!! I will have to call them on Monday

Message 19 of 98
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@jo75olds wrote:
Denied!!!!! I will have to call them on Monday

I would recon monday, more than likely the computer denied for excessive INQ's.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 20 of 98
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.