Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to app for Amex Zync but...

tag
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Re: Want to app for Amex Zync but...

Great info RyVision!! I would get frustrated sometimes when I'd ask and they knew nothing about the counter-offer.

Gotta love this site!
Message 51 of 98
Anonymous
Not applicable

When you get that form, for God's sake make a copy of it before you fill it in at all. My time line was like this (one or two of the dates are approximate):

11/2/11:   Applied and got the counter offer. Added bank details.

11/3/11:   Amex website says denied, could not open the letter on the website.

11/5/11:   Able to open letter. It gives the full message with the bit about the counter offer.

11/7/11:   Received form (actually two copies). Returned one immediately.

11/16/11:   Heard nothing so called. After having to beg the agent to look at the whole letter so he could see the counter offer, he put me on hold for 20 mins and found out that I had accidentally put my birth date on the form so it was rejected. Immediately filled in the second form and faxed it to them.

11/28/11:   Heard nothing, so called. Same palaver as above, but apparently this time I had left the account type blank (small check box). My excuse was that my wife was in labor and I was in a rush to get back to her. I took the second form, checked the account type box, added the revised date and refaxed. Was told to check back in two days on whether it was received.

11/30/11:   Called to check whether it was received. Same palaver as above. Was told that the form had two dates (the date it was signed and the date it was resent with the account type checked) and was invalid. They said the request was cancelled and I would have to wait three months and try again. I spoke to a supervisor who put me on hold then came back on to say that the 30-day deadline for the form would be extended to 60 days and a new form would be sent out. I should receive it in the next 7 days. Also received letter stating that the bank details could not be validated so the offer was cancelled and I would have to reapply after three months.

12/8/11:   Received same letter about offer cancelled again, no form. Called Amex. Usual palaver, then they said this letter was a mistake and they would send the form out again.

12/18/11:   Had still not received form. Was about to call Amex, but realized there would be a copy of the form as sent on 11/16 in my eFax service with just one date and the empty account type box. I retrieved this and checked the appropriate account type, left the date as 11/16 (they had said no changes to the form are allowed) and tried faxing it to see what would happen.

12/20/11:   Amex website suddenly says "Congratulations! Your application has been approved and you should receive your new card within 7-10 days.".

12/29/11:  Received shiny new Zync card. Woo Hoo!!!

I know these silly little mistakes were my fault, but my point is that they are easily made and Amex will nitpick and won't accept anything less than a perfect form.

Mike

Message 52 of 98
dalebb
Valued Contributor

WTG,,,, LS read thisSmiley Surprised

Message 53 of 98
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

When you get that form, for God's sake make a copy of it before you fill it in at all. My time line was like this (one or two of the dates are approximate):

11/2/11:   Applied and got the counter offer. Added bank details.

11/3/11:   Amex website says denied, could not open the letter on the website.

11/5/11:   Able to open letter. It gives the full message with the bit about the counter offer.

11/7/11:   Received form (actually two copies). Returned one immediately.

11/16/11:   Heard nothing so called. After having to beg the agent to look at the whole letter so he could see the counter offer, he put me on hold for 20 mins and found out that I had accidentally put my birth date on the form so it was rejected. Immediately filled in the second form and faxed it to them.

11/28/11:   Heard nothing, so called. Same palaver as above, but apparently this time I had left the account type blank (small check box). My excuse was that my wife was in labor and I was in a rush to get back to her. I took the second form, checked the account type box, added the revised date and refaxed. Was told to check back in two days on whether it was received.

11/30/11:   Called to check whether it was received. Same palaver as above. Was told that the form had two dates (the date it was signed and the date it was resent with the account type checked) and was invalid. They said the request was cancelled and I would have to wait three months and try again. I spoke to a supervisor who put me on hold then came back on to say that the 30-day deadline for the form would be extended to 60 days and a new form would be sent out. I should receive it in the next 7 days. Also received letter stating that the bank details could not be validated so the offer was cancelled and I would have to reapply after three months.

12/8/11:   Received same letter about offer cancelled again, no form. Called Amex. Usual palaver, then they said this letter was a mistake and they would send the form out again.

12/18/11:   Had still not received form. Was about to call Amex, but realized there would be a copy of the form as sent on 11/16 in my eFax service with just one date and the empty account type box. I retrieved this and checked the appropriate account type, left the date as 11/16 (they had said no changes to the form are allowed) and tried faxing it to see what would happen.

12/20/11:   Amex website suddenly says "Congratulations! Your application has been approved and you should receive your new card within 7-10 days.".

12/29/11:  Received shiny new Zync card. Woo Hoo!!!

I know these silly little mistakes were my fault, but my point is that they are easily made and Amex will nitpick and won't accept anything less than a perfect form.

Mike

Wow....

Congrats!!!

I'm waiting for my fate to be announced for this card!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 54 of 98
Anonymous
Not applicable

Perseverence sometimes pays, right? Smiley Happy

Message 55 of 98
getahead
Regular Contributor

Persistance always pays off, congrats!  This will be my concern, I too apped online & received the alternative offer.  I inputted my routing & checking acct# & of course it could not validate it.  So now I'm waiting for my letter with the form to complete on the autopay.  I will note to complete it SLOWLY & thouroughly, LOL 

Starting Score: 580
Current Score: Fico EQ-679, Fico TU-670, EX Plus-713, TU Walmart-697, CreditKarma-690
Goal Score: 700 Club

Message 56 of 98
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I didn't want to have to apply again because my Experian score on the Amex letter was just 627, I thought this might be a one time chance so kept at it.

Message 57 of 98
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Wow, Bigfoot, you are persistent! And a really good record keeper. ( I'm not so good at writing that stuff down anymore, tho I do try when it's important.) it sure paid off for you big time!

Congrats! I'm hoping for an Amex sometime this year. Smiley Happy
EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 58 of 98
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah, I didn't want to have to apply again because my Experian score on the Amex letter was just 627, I thought this might be a one time chance so kept at it.

Smiley Indifferent

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 59 of 98
jo75olds
New Contributor

Got the forms today, your right they sent 2 copies, so I ran one through the copy machine, used the typewriter in my office to fill in the routing number, and account number, signed, printed name, date'd, and faxed. Now I wate....

Still waiting......

I'M WAITING AMEX......

DAM I WAN'T THAT CARD.... STIL WAITINGGGGGGGGGGGG... Smiley Tongue Smiley Tongue Smiley Tongue

Starting Score: EQ: 632, TU: 715, EX: 700
Current Score: EQ: 684, TU: 684, EX: 696
Goal Score: 825+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 60 of 98
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.