Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to app for Amex tonight, but...

tag
RoverC
Valued Member

Want to app for Amex tonight, but...

I have had a Simply Cash biz Amex since about 2011, with only a $3k limit.

I do keep a balance of about $2k or so most times each month. Never PIF

About 6 mos ago I asked for a CLI and was denied, they said this acct wasnt eligible.

Not sure what that means.

My personal fico is 785Exp/765Eq/790TU as of today (and typically is) at 6% util.

I did get them to back date it it to 1981! Though it doesnt show on my personal credit, I wanted it backdated prior to me apping for a new personal or others.

However I was wanting to get a personal Amex Blue revolver.

Would it be best to pay off my biz card totally before apping or would that matter?

If that was needed, should I then wait and app or do it right away?

What amounts are typical for that card?

I was also thinking about apping for an Amex Plat for my other business, but when should you app for multiple cards?

Lastly, my current Amex card is under one of my companies names, which I typically dont even list under income. But if I app personally should I show both not to confuse them?

Thanks

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Want to app for Amex tonight, but...

@RoverC wrote:

I have had a Simply Cash biz Amex since about 2011, with only a $3k limit.

I do keep a balance of about $2k or so most times each month. Never PIF

About 6 mos ago I asked for a CLI and was denied, they said this acct wasnt eligible.

Not sure what that means.

My personal fico is 785Exp/765Eq/790TU as of today (and typically is) at 6% util.

I did get them to back date it it to 1981! Though it doesnt show on my personal credit, I wanted it backdated prior to me apping for a new personal or others.

However I was wanting to get a personal Amex Blue revolver.

Would it be best to pay off my biz card totally before apping or would that matter?

If that was needed, should I then wait and app or do it right away?

What amounts are typical for that card?

I was also thinking about apping for an Amex Plat for my other business, but when should you app for multiple cards?

Lastly, my current Amex card is under one of my companies names, which I typically dont even list under income. But if I app personally should I show both not to confuse them?

Thanks

First I would ask again for the 3x CLI 

As for a new app 

SP if denied HP if approved so you have nothing to lose 

Good luck

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 24
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Pay it off... If you can afford to why are you revolving? Amex has never been to excited about revolving long term balances.

then request cli

then apply for new card, and even if cli is denied id go forward with applying anyway.

Message 3 of 24
RoverC
Valued Member

Well while I "could" pay it all off, it would have to be from me pulling from another card as a bal transfer.

I asked about the CLI and was told once again "this account isnt eliglible". For whatever that means. No CLI at all since 2011!

Never late, always paid 2x min or more, but did keep a balance of about $2k+ on a $3k limit card. This is a business card, maybe they dont do the 3x CLI on them?

Fico never below 750, most times 790 or above, 6% overall util, no baddies.

So I should pay it off then app?

App right away or wait days, weeks or ?

Thanks

Message 4 of 24
myjourney
Super Contributor

@RoverC wrote:

Well while I "could" pay it all off, it would have to be from me pulling from another card as a bal transfer.

I asked about the CLI and was told once again "this account isnt eliglible". For whatever that means. No CLI at all since 2011!

Never late, always paid 2x min or more, but did keep a balance of about $2k+ on a $3k limit card. This is a business card, maybe they dont do the 3x CLI on them?

Fico never below 750, most times 790 or above, 6% overall util, no baddies.

So I should pay it off then app?

App right away or wait days, weeks or ?

Thanks

Really weird about the not eligible thing wow

And they do 3X CLI's on business cards as well so this is a mystery 

Pay it off and app away

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 5 of 24
Jeff007245
Regular Contributor

It could be that you are always maintaining a balance and have never paid in full. AMEX unfortunately is not one of those banks that likes balances. They also see that you kept a 66%+ balance several times, and most lenders see that as a red flag.

Try working on paying your balances in full, or at least with AMEX. I would get your account to 0 first before even trying for any kind of 3x CLI.

Garden
2/16/14
|*****1/2014 - NPSL*****| *4/2011 6,000 CL* |*11/2011 - 5,000 CL*| *9/2012 - 850 CL* | *1/2014 - 500 CL* |*2/2014 - 6,000 CL*|
Message 6 of 24
newUser0
Established Contributor

@Jeff007245 wrote:

It could be that you are always maintaining a balance and have never paid in full. AMEX unfortunately is not one of those banks that likes balances. They also see that you kept a 66%+ balance several times, and most lenders see that as a red flag.

Try working on paying your balances in full, or at least with AMEX. I would get your account to 0 first before even trying for any kind of 3x CLI.

+1

Just pay off all your balances. Then, you have pretty good to start with revolvers like Delta (Easiest to get)

Message 7 of 24
RoverC
Valued Member

Thanks all

So how long should I wait after I PIF this biz card until I app?

I was thinking the Blue Cash, but the Delta was mentioned. Is the Blue hard(er) to get, less CL or?

Thanks

Message 8 of 24
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@RoverC wrote:

Thanks all

I was thinking the Blue Cash, but the Delta was mentioned. Is the Blue hard(er) to get, less CL or?

Thanks

id say no reason to wait once it's paid it will be in amex' computer system and since it's business you don't have to wait for it to update to credit report.

Message 9 of 24
myjourney
Super Contributor

@RoverC wrote:

Thanks all

Thanks

Double post Ooops 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.