cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to apply for Chase United Explorer Visa Signature!!!!! What's my Chance to get Approved???

tag
Ron1
Super Contributor

Re: Want to apply for Chase United Explorer Visa Signature!!!!! What's my Chance to get Approved???

I currently have 6 Chase cards.  1 Amazon.com Visa, 1 Chase Slate Card (converted from Slate Card) 4 Chase Freedom cards. Last time, I asked them to convert one of my Chase Freedom into Chase Sapphire.  They told me it's not an option. I'm not sure they cannot convert one of my Chase Freedom Card into United Explorer Cards because United Explorer card is a co-branded. I think I have to apply for one or keep using Amex PR to buy airtickets.

Ron.

Message 11 of 57
Ron1
Super Contributor

Re: Want to apply for Chase United Explorer Visa Signature!!!!! What's my Chance to get Approved???

@tray wrote:

Well Ron if you have couple of Chase cards I am sure they will give you one more, I have 3 cards with Chase, also if you have one card that you do not really use, maybe Chase can cancel that particular card for the United Explorer card.  Good Luck hope you get !!!

Chase cancel one of the cards. It will not help me to get approved for United Explorer. I'm not going to carry balance on the card. I use it and pay it off. I just want to take advantage of the card for free babbage fee and earn extra miles.

Ron.

Message 12 of 57
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

I currently have 6 Chase cards.  1 Amazon.com Visa, 1 Chase Slate Card (converted from Slate Card) 4 Chase Freedom cards. Last time, I asked them to convert one of my Chase Freedom into Chase Sapphire.  They told me it's not an option. I'm not sure they cannot convert one of my Chase Freedom Card into United Explorer Cards because United Explorer card is a co-branded. I think I have to apply for one or keep using Amex PR to buy airtickets.

Ron.

Wow!!! Smiley Surprised Why do you have 4 Chase Freedom cards!?

Message 13 of 57
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

@MrShush wrote:
I have 4 Chase cards. You should be approved and they are being very generous lately.

Just curious, which Chase cards do you have? I currently only have a Freedom card with Chase, but thinking about expanding my Chase credit card portfolio. I have been eyeing the CSP to achieve the "trifecta". Also thinking about getting a Southwest card for the sign up bonus for free flights.

Message 14 of 57
Ron1
Super Contributor

@kevinjjc wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

Ron.

Wow!!! Smiley Surprised Why do you have 4 Chase Freedom cards!?

All 4 Chase Freedom have its own stories.  The first one came from Circuit City Visa. The programs discontinued and it turned into Chase Freedom Visa Signature Card. Second, it was from Chase Perfect  Card. Program ended and turned into Chase Freedom MC. Third one was Starbucks Duetto Visd and program ended. It turned into another one. Last one was HEB Platinum MC  and the program was discontinued.  They turned into Chase Freedom Platinum MC.  I didn't have that many Chase Freedom cards and I ended up with 4 Chase Freedom cards. I'm not going to close one of them to lose the history.

Ron.

Message 15 of 57
SoCalBound
Contributor

I went on a pretty big app spree in august getting a chase amazon and chase freedom at the time, along with two amex, a discover, citi, and paypal card.  In early october i applied for a amazon store card and end of obtober i really wanted the 50k miles from the explorer and the free bag and miles due to increased travel.  Instant denial, on recon they mentioned the two new chase cards.  They would not grant me additional credit at the time due to the two new chase cards but they did move Around credit limits so i could gt the card.  I think that was pretty generous, so i cant see them not working with you.

Zync NPSL, BCP ($2000), Chase United ($2000) Chase Amazon ($1500), Chase Freedom ($3000), Discover More ($2000), Paypal Extras ($5000), Citi Forward ($2000), Orchard $2000, Amazon ($5000)
Pre-App Scores: TU98 779, TU04 797, EQ 682, EX 788 (Amex) 8/12
Message 16 of 57
MrShush
Valued Contributor

Freedom Signature, Slate, JPM Select, and Marriott Premier.
Message 17 of 57
Ron1
Super Contributor

I sent them a secure message to convert one of my Chase Freedom cards into Chase United Explorer Visa Signature Card. They cannot convert it. They told me to apply for the card. By the way, the current policy is: You cannot have more than one card on the same type. I don't think I will break any rule by applying for the card. I don't have the card.  I hope that they don't have the max. number of credit cards I can have.

By the way, where did they pull?

Thanks.

Ron. 

Message 18 of 57
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

Chase pulls EX for me in New York.

Message 19 of 57
Ron1
Super Contributor

@kevinjjc wrote:

Chase pulls EX for me in New York.

Thanks for your reply and info. 

Ron.

Message 20 of 57
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.