cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to apply for Chase United Explorer Visa Signature!!!!! What's my Chance to get Approved???

tag
Ron1
Super Contributor

Re: Want to apply for Chase United Explorer Visa Signature!!!!! What's my Chance to get Approved???

@HiLine wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@HiLine wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@HiLine wrote:

They pulled Equifax and TransUnion on me in Washington.

Both???Smiley Surprised

Ron.

On the same day too.

It's bad. Which Chase card did you apply? Did you ask for recon? So they pulled two differemt CRAs.

Ron.

I applied for the Freedom. I asked for recon the day after, so this was not the cause for both CRA's being pulled from.

Did you get the card?

Ron.

Message 31 of 57
Ron1
Super Contributor

Re: Want to apply for Chase United Explorer Visa Signature!!!!! What's my Chance to get Approved???

@MrShush wrote:
Come on Ron, just app already! :-)

I tried to find which one is good for me before I apply. Smiley Happy Now I choose between three cards: Chase Sapphire Preferred Card, United Explorer Visa Signature Card and business.  I need to do some research. 

Ron.

Message 32 of 57
HiLine
Blogger

@Ron1 wrote:

@MrShush wrote:

I tried to find which one is good for me before I apply. Smiley Happy Now I choose between three cards: Chase Sapphire Preferred Card, United Explorer Visa Signature Card and business.  I need to do some research. 

Ron.

If you're looking for the best sign-up bonus offers, I'd say pass on the United Explorer which right now is offering its lowest bonus ever. The CSP's offer has remained the same for a long time and probably will not change significantly in the near future.

I did not get the Freedom, and am still bitter about it. Smiley Mad

Message 33 of 57
Ron1
Super Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@MrShush wrote:

Ron.

If you're looking for the best sign-up bonus offers, I'd say pass on the United Explorer which right now is offering its lowest bonus ever. The CSP's offer has remained the same for a long time and probably will not change significantly in the near future.

Sorry to hear it.  I thought it was easy to get. I have seen people getting approved at leas $500 with 600s.  I like United Explorer and I like the card because it will save luggage fee. I flied three times to 4 year.  Three or fours luggage fee will cost just as much as the annual fee.  I don't really care about the airport lounge.  I haven't really looked at the Chase Sapphire Preferred and the only thing I like is no foreign transaction.  

Thanks for your reply. 

Ron.

Message 34 of 57
HiLine
Blogger

@Ron1 wrote:

@HiLine wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@MrShush wrote:

Ron.

Sorry to hear it.  I thought it was easy to get. I have seen people getting approved at leas $500 with 600s.  I like United Explorer and I like the card because it will save luggage fee. I flied three times to 4 year.  Three or fours luggage fee will cost just as much as the annual fee.  I don't really care about the airport lounge.  I haven't really looked at the Chase Sapphire Preferred and the only thing I like is no foreign transaction.  

Thanks for your reply. 

Ron.

I applied for the Freedom when my FICO scores were at the peak (768 on TransUnion and 713 on Equifax). After getting denied for the Freedom I had to apply for other cards and thereby add more inquiries to my credit profile. As a result, my scores got really messy.

If saving luggage fees is what you're looking for, it sounds like the United Explorer card is for you, but perhaps wait for a few months for the next bonus offer bump. One huge advantage of the CSP is the extra miles earned on restaurant and travel purchases, as well as purchases made through their Ultimate Rewards Mall. The United card gives you extra miles on United purchases only. In terms of mile accumulation, the CSP is far superior.

Message 35 of 57
Ron1
Super Contributor

Thanks for the sugguestion.  I hope that you will get the Chase Freedom cards. It's a good card to have besides US Bank Cash+. I usually fly at the United.  I will be going to Asia on business trip within next two months. I have been looking at the other airlines such as Delta. They have at least 4 four stops to get to the destination.  I used my Amex PR Gold to book tickets through Travelocity. I have a few option to buy tickets either my Amex PR Gold or Travelocity Amex or  Chase Freedom 5% bonus this month without applying for the card. Using the luggage fees to pay for the annual fee of United Explorer card.  I missed 65K bonus points earlier this year.  

Thanks again for your reply.

Ron.

Message 36 of 57
MrShush
Valued Contributor

You should care about the lounge! Lounges are the awesome. Clean, free of degenerates, cocktails, nice bathrooms. Whats not to love?
Message 37 of 57
Ron1
Super Contributor

@MrShush wrote:
You should care about the lounge! Lounges are the awesome. Clean, free of degenerates, cocktails, nice bathrooms. Whats not to love?

I haven't been to one yet. May be I will try it next year when I go to Asia on my business trip. Smiley Happy  Which one did you try?

Ron.

Message 38 of 57
HiLine
Blogger

@Ron1 wrote:

Thanks for the sugguestion.  I hope that you will get the Chase Freedom cards. It's a good card to have besides US Bank Cash+. I usually fly at the United.  I will be going to Asia on business trip within next two months. I have been looking at the other airlines such as Delta. They have at least 4 four stops to get to the destination.  I used my Amex PR Gold to book tickets through Travelocity. I have a few option to buy tickets either my Amex PR Gold or Travelocity Amex or  Chase Freedom 5% bonus this month without applying for the card. Using the luggage fees to pay for the annual fee of United Explorer card.  I missed 65K bonus points earlier this year.  

Thanks again for your reply.

Ron.

Thanks! I hope to eventually get the Freedom too, though at this point I'm no longer craving for it since the Discover More has been doing me wonders, and the Freedom's most enticing 5% categories for me are almost over this year and may not repeat next year. United has the best award flight booking system; I'd take United over Delta any day. Since you have so many Freedom cards, you might as well use them to book your travels now to take advantage of the 5% cash back. Then if you get the CSP, you can convert the cash back rewards from the Freedom to Ultimate Rewards points which can then be transferred to United's frequently flier program.

If you fly internationally you should get som free checked luggage allowance anyway.

Message 39 of 57
MrShush
Valued Contributor

Delta Skyclub. I use AMEX Plat for entry.
Message 40 of 57
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.