cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to apply for Chase United Explorer Visa Signature!!!!! What's my Chance to get Approved???

tag
Ron1
Super Contributor

Re: Want to apply for Chase United Explorer Visa Signature!!!!! What's my Chance to get Approved???

@kekrre wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@koalablue wrote:

You do get two lounge passes with the Explorer, so you can check out the lounge for free. The ones in the SF and LA airports are nice.  I fly United about once a month so I have the Club Visa which gives lounge access as well as the shorter security line and priority boarding. Only worth the fee if you fly often though. I got the Explorer and then the Club right after. You're a shoo-in for the Explorer so go for it!

I might have seen the airport lounge in LAX and it's very nice. I heard the one in SF and it has shower. I'm going to pass by over there to Asia next year.  I like to fly United over US Airways or Delta. I fly to LA two to three a year on United and it has direct flight and the plane is on time. 

Once I wanted to get Amex Delta Gold and I don't fly on Delta.  I want to try SW in the future. I heard they don't charge lugguage fee.

Ron.

I'm not certain the Explorer passes or even the Club card get you into that particular lounge at SFO - note that I've never been in the SFO airport, but the shower appears to be in the UA Arrivals Lounge, which states:

"United Arrivals Lounge

Start your day refreshed with United Arrivals Lounge. A retreat where United Global First and United BusinessFirst customers traveling on a same-day ticket and arriving before noon may enjoy a shower and continental breakfast."

So I think you have to be travelling international on a Business or First class ticket to get in. On the other hand, the lounges at IAH (Houston) and EWR (Newark) appear to have showers in the general United Club (from their website), but the only direct flight to Asia is IAH to NRT (Tokyo), which is expensive for no particular reason.

http://www.united.com/web/en-US/content/travel/airport/lounge/locations/default.aspx

And yeah, WN lets you carry two bags on for free, yet is (unless I'm mistaken) the only profitable large carrier in the US. I haven't flown on any of their flights for years, at least since around the time of ValuJet (when I was maybe 10 and the airplanes looked like this http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/66/Southwest_737.jpg ), but most people seem to be infatuated with them. I was planning my holiday travel with them or UA, but DL turned out to be a better deal.

I have never been to the airport lounge. So I don't know how good they are. All domestic flights are all the same and they used to serve food back in 80s.  Now they all give you a soda, juice or water.

Ron.

Message 51 of 57
distantarray
Established Contributor

Re: Want to apply for Chase United Explorer Visa Signature!!!!! What's my Chance to get Approved???

@Ron1 wrote:

I mean Global entry. I hate lng security lines. No way to avoid it.

Ron.

Ron.

There are ways..... =x

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 52 of 57
kekrre
Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

@kekrre wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@koalablue wrote:

You do get two lounge passes with the Explorer, so you can check out the lounge for free. The ones in the SF and LA airports are nice.  I fly United about once a month so I have the Club Visa which gives lounge access as well as the shorter security line and priority boarding. Only worth the fee if you fly often though. I got the Explorer and then the Club right after. You're a shoo-in for the Explorer so go for it!

I might have seen the airport lounge in LAX and it's very nice. I heard the one in SF and it has shower. I'm going to pass by over there to Asia next year.  I like to fly United over US Airways or Delta. I fly to LA two to three a year on United and it has direct flight and the plane is on time. 

Once I wanted to get Amex Delta Gold and I don't fly on Delta.  I want to try SW in the future. I heard they don't charge lugguage fee.

Ron.

I'm not certain the Explorer passes or even the Club card get you into that particular lounge at SFO - note that I've never been in the SFO airport, but the shower appears to be in the UA Arrivals Lounge, which states:

"United Arrivals Lounge

Start your day refreshed with United Arrivals Lounge. A retreat where United Global First and United BusinessFirst customers traveling on a same-day ticket and arriving before noon may enjoy a shower and continental breakfast."

So I think you have to be travelling international on a Business or First class ticket to get in. On the other hand, the lounges at IAH (Houston) and EWR (Newark) appear to have showers in the general United Club (from their website), but the only direct flight to Asia is IAH to NRT (Tokyo), which is expensive for no particular reason.

http://www.united.com/web/en-US/content/travel/airport/lounge/locations/default.aspx

And yeah, WN lets you carry two bags on for free, yet is (unless I'm mistaken) the only profitable large carrier in the US. I haven't flown on any of their flights for years, at least since around the time of ValuJet (when I was maybe 10 and the airplanes looked like this http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/66/Southwest_737.jpg ), but most people seem to be infatuated with them. I was planning my holiday travel with them or UA, but DL turned out to be a better deal.

I have never been to the airport lounge. So I don't know how good they are. All domestic flights are all the same and they used to serve food back in 80s.  Now they all give you a soda, juice or water.

Ron.

Oh, me neither. I'm just relaying stuff from the UA website - wouldn't want you to arrive in SFO expecting a shower and discover you needed to purchase a $4k+ business class ticket to get in.

And you forgot the pretzels. I've always been a fan of the Biscoff.

|||||||
Message 53 of 57
koalablue
Frequent Contributor

@kekrre wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@kekrre wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@koalablue wrote:

Ron.

"United Arrivals Lounge

Ron.

Oh, me neither. I'm just relaying stuff from the UA website - wouldn't want you to arrive in SFO expecting a shower and discover you needed to purchase a $4k+ business class ticket to get in.

I love the Biscoff cookies on Delta when I've flown them a few times.  They also have free wifi which is really nice.  United I think has it on a limited number of planes (or they will), but they need to catch up to Delta on this.

Message 54 of 57
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

@koalablue wrote:

@kekrre wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@kekrre wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@koalablue wrote:

Ron.

"United Arrivals Lounge

Ron.

I love the Biscoff cookies on Delta when I've flown them a few times.  They also have free wifi which is really nice.  United I think has it on a limited number of planes (or they will), but they need to catch up to Delta on this.

you ahve to pay for delta wifi, no matter which fare you are flying on... also it only works domestically

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 55 of 57
koalablue
Frequent Contributor

It was free on my flight from SFO to LAX.

Message 56 of 57
Ron1
Super Contributor

I need to wait a couple of more days to wait for Citi to update.  So I have a bigger chance to get approved for the card.

Ron.

Message 57 of 57
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.