Reply
Super Contributor
Ron1
Posts: 5,471
Registered: ‎05-23-2009
0

Want to apply for Chase United Explorer Visa Signature!!!!! What's my Chance to get Approved???

I want to apply for Chase Explorer Visa Signature Card.  I fly two or three times a year on the United Airlines. I tried to save baggage fees or broke even with AF.  By the way, I want to use it to travel to Asia next month or two. I currently have a couple of Chase cards with Chase. I have never been late with any of my Chase cards.  I have excellent credit history. My TU FICO score was 743. What is my chance to get approved for the card?  I need some feedback.

 

Thanks for reading.

 

 

 

Ron.

Established Contributor
UFGuy2006
Posts: 745
Registered: ‎08-02-2008
0

Re: Want to apply for Chase United Explorer Visa Signature!!!!! What's my Chance to get Approved???


Ron1 wrote:

I want to apply for Chase Explorer Visa Signature Card.  I fly two or three times a year on the United Airlines. I tried to save baggage fees or broke even with AF.  By the way, I want to use it to travel to Asia next month or two. I currently have a couple of Chase cards with Chase. I have never been late with any of my Chase cards.  I have excellent credit history. My TU FICO score was 743. What is my chance to get approved for the card?  I need some feedback.

 

Thanks for reading.

 

 

 

Ron.


I think you have a pretty good chance of getting approved for that card. I had two chase cards before applying for a United card and was approved for a healthy line 22k. Not even sure where they decided that limit but I've heard the United cards come with pretty nice limits if you are approved. Good luck!!

FICO: EX: 743 (10/14); TU: 758 (9/14); EQ 721 (9/14)

In My Wallet: Amex X 5 | Barclays X 3 | BOA X 1 | CapOne X 3 | Chase X 3 | Citi X 7 | DCU X 1 | Discover X 1 | Fidelity X 1 | Fifth Third X 1 | Macys X 1 | PenFed X 1 | PSECU X 1 | Sams Club MC X 1 | Target RedCard X 1 | USAA X 2 | US Bank X 1 | Walmart X 1 | Wells Fargo X 1 = 36 Cards

Holding off apps until the end of the year! Wish me luck!
Established Contributor
distantarray
Posts: 2,112
Registered: ‎09-25-2011
0

Re: Want to apply for Chase United Explorer Visa Signature!!!!! What's my Chance to get Approved???

depends on when you got your last card, chase doesn't like to issue a new card within 6 months of the last one, but should be no problem with a 740


Ron1 wrote:

I want to apply for Chase Explorer Visa Signature Card.  I fly two or three times a year on the United Airlines. I tried to save baggage fees or broke even with AF.  By the way, I want to use it to travel to Asia next month or two. I currently have a couple of Chase cards with Chase. I have never been late with any of my Chase cards.  I have excellent credit history. My TU FICO score was 743. What is my chance to get approved for the card?  I need some feedback.

 

Thanks for reading.

 

 

 

Ron.


 


total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Super Contributor
Ron1
Posts: 5,471
Registered: ‎05-23-2009
0

Re: Want to apply for Chase United Explorer Visa Signature!!!!! What's my Chance to get Approved???

Thanks for the feedback. The last card I applied it was more than a year ago. My utilzation was 1%. I don't have any balance on any of my Chase card. My last inquiry was Barclays in September.  I'm afraid they're going to denied because I have too many Chase cards.

 

 

Ron.

Frequent Contributor
koalablue
Posts: 356
Registered: ‎05-23-2012
0

Re: Want to apply for Chase United Explorer Visa Signature!!!!! What's my Chance to get Approved???

I'd say you have a very good chance. I was approved this past June and I don't think my TU score was as high as yours at that time. I also already had a Chase card. If they deny you, which I doubt they will, you have a great chance at recon.  Good luck - keep us posted!

Valued Contributor
tray
Posts: 1,513
Registered: ‎01-29-2008
0

Re: Want to apply for Chase United Explorer Visa Signature!!!!! What's my Chance to get Approved???

Well Ron if you have couple of Chase cards I am sure they will give you one more, I have 3 cards with Chase, also if you have one card that you do not really use, maybe Chase can cancel that particular card for the United Explorer card.  Good Luck hope you get !!!


Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Mega Contributor
LS2982
Posts: 15,436
Registered: ‎04-09-2011
0

Re: Want to apply for Chase United Explorer Visa Signature!!!!! What's my Chance to get Approved???


tray wrote:

Well Ron if you have couple of Chase cards I am sure they will give you one more, I have 3 cards with Chase, also if you have one card that you do not really use, maybe Chase can cancel that particular card for the United Explorer card.  Good Luck hope you get !!!


This sounds like a good idea :smileyhappy:

 




Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Valued Contributor
kevinjjc
Posts: 1,374
Registered: ‎01-14-2009
0

Re: Want to apply for Chase United Explorer Visa Signature!!!!! What's my Chance to get Approved???

[ Edited ]

Ron1 wrote:

Thanks for the feedback. The last card I applied it was more than a year ago. My utilzation was 1%. I don't have any balance on any of my Chase card. My last inquiry was Barclays in September.  I'm afraid they're going to denied because I have too many Chase cards.

 

 

Ron.


 

Which Chase cards do you currently have?

Valued Contributor
MrShush
Posts: 1,412
Registered: ‎04-18-2008
0

Re: Want to apply for Chase United Explorer Visa Signature!!!!! What's my Chance to get Approved???

I have 4 Chase cards. You should be approved and they are being very generous lately.
Established Contributor
gettnthere
Posts: 912
Registered: ‎06-14-2012
0

Re: Want to apply for Chase United Explorer Visa Signature!!!!! What's my Chance to get Approved???


MrShush wrote:
I have 4 Chase cards. You should be approved and they are being very generous lately.

+1, I was just recently able to get a pretty big Cli with Chase on my Freedom card, from 600 to 5k after only 5months. I say you have a very good shot. 



Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 :smileywink:

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}