Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to apply for Discover IT

tag
Bsong
Regular Contributor

Want to apply for Discover IT

Hi Guys.

Im trying really hard to stay in the garden but this itch (and need) to apply for a Discover It card is driving me nuts. 

If im gonna be stubborn and apply for it, I was hoping to get feedback from the forum to see what my chances are... 

I was also considering applying for Chase Sapphire or AMEX BCE (I know, these 2 are out of my legue but like I said, if im gonna be stubborn, might as well go ALL THE WAY!) . 

INQUIRIES: 6 on TU -  6 on EX and 0 on EQ in the last 6 months. With the last 8 being in MAY 2013.

SCORE:695 EX 690 TU and 685 on EQ (Scores pulled from last months Inquiries) 

AAoA: 3 months 

Longest history: 9 Months (Car payments) 

THANKS ALL!!! Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Want to apply for Discover IT

@Bsong wrote:

Hi Guys.

Im trying really hard to stay in the garden but this itch (and need) to apply for a Discover It card is driving me nuts. 

If im gonna be stubborn and apply for it, I was hoping to get feedback from the forum to see what my chances are... 

I was also considering applying for Chase Sapphire or AMEX BCE (I know, these 2 are out of my legue but like I said, if im gonna be stubborn, might as well go ALL THE WAY!) . 

INQUIRIES: 6 on TU -  6 on EX and 0 on EQ in the last 6 months. With the last 8 being in MAY 2013.

Your AAoA is really low and may increase the odds of denial sorry

That being said I must be honest with you

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 14
Bsong
Regular Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@Bsong wrote:

Hi Guys.

Your AAoA is really low and may increase the odds of denial sorry

That being said I must be honest with you

Thanks for your honesty... I know Ill probably be denied too... But for some reason knowing that I have 0 inquiries on my EQ report  is giving me some hope. I know they are as hard to Recon as CITI so I was thinking maybe just going with CHASE and recon the denial. I know chase pulls EQ and EX in CA from I found... 

Message 3 of 14
enharu
Super Contributor

Honestly your odds are better for discover than chase. Just because chase has a good recon department doesn't mean it's guaranteed approval, nor increased chances of approval. The analysts are still required to follow by a set guidelines of underwriting standards
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 4 of 14
b_seeker
Frequent Contributor

What all were you approved for or denied in May for the inqs? Give us a picture of your reports.

|| Barclaycard Rewards Visa $5500 || AMEX BCE $2000 || Discover IT $3000 || Amazon Rewards Visa $1800 ||
|| Chase Freedom $2700 || CSP $5000 || Chase Marriott Premier $7500 || Sallie Mae MC $3800 ||

FICO Scores: EX 752 (3/13/13) || EQ 782 (10/4/13) || TU 724 (1/18/13)

In the garden as of 10/12/2013
Message 5 of 14
Bsong
Regular Contributor

Applied for Boa $5k cl - Approved after recon
Applied for Boa cash reward $1000 cl - Approved after recon
Citi diamond preferred $1000cl - approved after 7 attempts on recon.
Capone $500 cl applied for in feb 2013 and recon to $1k cl in May soft pull.

Message 6 of 14
flyingace
Valued Member

@Bsong wrote:
Applied for Boa $5k cl - Approved after recon
Applied for Boa cash reward $1000 cl - Approved after recon
Citi diamond preferred $1000cl - approved after 7 attempts on recon.
Capone $500 cl applied for in feb 2013 and recon to $1k cl in May soft pull.

Every single card you were only approved after recon, and two of those were a toy limit. Your chances aren't very good right now. Take it from me, I ignored advice, and apped for CSP anyway... cost me a HP and no go after recon! Give it some time, and those cards will be yours -- probably six months or more. 

In my Snoopy holder: NFCU Flagship Sig Visa-- $11K | Chase Freedom -- $2500 | AMEX BCE -- $2000 | Amazon Visa -- $2000 | Discover It $1500| Old Navy Visa -- $1000 | Target Red Card -- $300

TU (Disc Pull 4/29/13) -- 752 | AmexEQ (6/13/13) -- 728 | AmexEXP-- 737 | AmexTU-- 737 (5/28/13)
Goals: 740 EQ/EXP/TU
Gardening until 12/3/13 -- or longer
Message 7 of 14
flyingace
Valued Member

As an added incentive, you keep shredding your AAoA w/ the new accounts! 

In my Snoopy holder: NFCU Flagship Sig Visa-- $11K | Chase Freedom -- $2500 | AMEX BCE -- $2000 | Amazon Visa -- $2000 | Discover It $1500| Old Navy Visa -- $1000 | Target Red Card -- $300

TU (Disc Pull 4/29/13) -- 752 | AmexEQ (6/13/13) -- 728 | AmexEXP-- 737 | AmexTU-- 737 (5/28/13)
Goals: 740 EQ/EXP/TU
Gardening until 12/3/13 -- or longer
Message 8 of 14
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

OP seriously, you need to hit the garden for 6 months perhaps a year, if you are getting $500 CL from capone on ReCON, its a huge sign "Stop APPING", you went from 5k CL's to $500 CL,  if you got discover to approve you they may give you a $250 CL, that you will be stuck with for 2-5 years while they decide if you are to be trused for with a $1000 CL,  wait 6 months you will probably get a $2,500 or maybe even a $5000 CL discover card.  Step away from the computer. The Garden Squad will be with you shortly.

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 9 of 14
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Bsong wrote:

Hi Guys.

You should really stay in the Garden for a year. Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.