cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to apply for Walmart Discover and Chase Disney - Thoughts on my chances?

tag
LordAthens
Established Member

Want to apply for Walmart Discover and Chase Disney - Thoughts on my chances?

I'm looking to expand my credit profile as I have a pretty thin file right now.  As of my CR's pulled today I have;

TU \ EX \ EQ - HomeDepot/CBNA (Authorized User), $0 balance, $4100 CL, opened 07/2004, no lates

TU \ EQ - Chase Disney (Authorized User), $0 balance (TU) $828 balance (EQ), $1000 CL, opened 12/2005, stopped reporting 01/2010 (removed as AU when ex and I split), (1) 30day late reported 01/2010

TU \ EQ \ EX - Kay Jewlers, $0 balance, $500 CL, opened 11/2013, no lates

TU \ EQ \ EX - Installment auto loan (TD Auto Finance) (Joint account) - $0 balance, $9928 high balance, opened 04/2001, reported until / closed 05/2006, no lates.

TU - Northeast Credit & Collections - $50 balance from Cingular (whom I never owed money to, I just never fought it). Placed for collection 12/2008.  Last updated 05/2012.  TU CR says this will fall off 06/2013

EQ - Enhanced Recovery Corp - $285 (Sprint - I may or may not legitimately owe this, Sprint and I are working on it.  I believe it was an early termination fee's that was never supposed to be charged when we transfered ownership of the account from me to my fiance so we could get her corporate discount), DoFD 06/2010, first reported 11/2012.

EQ score in signature is accurate.  2 collections from Verizon FIOS have since been removed since I updated the TU and EX scores, so I suspect those to both be very high 600's, if not over 700.  When the 2 Verizon collections came off my EQ jumped 36 points to 643.

I opened a Capital One card at the end of April, it is not reporting yet.  $300 CL Smiley Frustrated

Total accounts reporting as of 5/21

TU - 5

EX - 3

EQ - 5

2 year INQ's

TU - 3

EX - 4

EQ - 5

AAoA 5yr 4 mo (EX is 7 years)

Shooting for the Walmart Discover so I can get my TU score's and as I understand it, as long as you PIF you can quickly get into a 10k CL.  Chase Disney because we spend a lot of time at Disney World and I would like to get my foot in the door with them.  The ex and I had a Disney card before and I was impressed with their customer service.  The "bonus" 0% interest checks that they started sending a little later down the line was nice as well.

Also planning on applying in a month or two for PSECU's Visa/loan combo.  I'm already a member.  They seem to hand out 15 and 20k CL's like candy to their members.

I'm in PA.  Chase seems to only pull EX and TU.  Walmart Discover is almost always TU. I have nothing against calling in an app.  As I understand it, some reps are willing to pull a specific CRA if you ask and if they would normally pull them (IE, I could ask Chase to pull EX since there are 0 negatives on that account).

Thoughts?  Sorry if it's an information overload, just tryingto get all of the info needed out on the first post. 

Starting Score:05/04/13 SW EQ607, SW TU672, PSECU EX xxx
Lender Pulls 04/24/13; EQ597, TU641, EX662
Current Score: 05/14/2013 SW EQ 643
Goal Score: 760's across the board would be nice, but I realistically won't "let it go" until I hit 800's

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Want to apply for Walmart Discover and Chase Disney - Thoughts on my chances?

The free TU score also comes with the store card not just Walmart Discover . And PIF for a lg CLi is not a certainty it's truly a YMMV. It appears that you have a 6 mo rev cr history that Chase will use ( not AU cc's) but the current collection accts are not helping. Others may have a different opinion but I think Chase Disney although not difficult now will probably have a higher chance of approval after your Cap 1 reports - unfortunately the CL is low. Walmart will probably start you off at $300-600 and it will grow fast. Not sure if you will qualify for their Discover cc chances are better off after your CA falls off next month.

Good luck!

Edit: typos
Message 2 of 3
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

Re: Want to apply for Walmart Discover and Chase Disney - Thoughts on my chances?

Walmart Discover card is actually kind of a hard card to get. Discover it or Walmart store card are much easier to be approved for. I have had my Walmart store card for 4 months now and no CLIs and I have paid in full. I have pressed the luv button twice and 2 rejections. I am not really serious about needing a CLI since I don't use credit cards to pay for stuff but if I were serious I would call them. Chase Disney may be easier than Chase Freedom but your scores are borderline at best with them so it may take some recon work to be approved. I love Disney World too. I was there in feb and stayed at the Contemporary. It was awesome..

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.