Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to close Amex Green and Sears Citi card - Need advise

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Want to close Amex Green and Sears Citi card - Need advise

Hello,

I want to close my Amex Green card and Sears Citi with 4500 limit which I dont use much. Amex green is charging 95 dollars annual fee which is too much if I see my card usage. Amex Green was oopened in 2010 and Sears Citi was open in 2011 end.

Can someone please advise on how I can close these accounts without adversally affecting my score? My current score is around ~ 760.

Also, after or before closing, I want to apply another card which has like 14-18 months 0% APR.

Can Someone please advise on hyow I can achieve this without affecting credit score

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Re: Want to close Amex Green and Sears Citi card - Need advise

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello,

I want to close my Amex Green card and Sears Citi with 4500 limit which I dont use much. Amex green is charging 95 dollars annual fee which is too much if I see my card usage. Amex Green was oopened in 2010 and Sears Citi was open in 2011 end.

Can someone please advise on how I can close these accounts without adversally affecting my score? My current score is around ~ 760.

Also, after or before closing, I want to apply another card which has like 14-18 months 0% APR.

Can Someone please advise on hyow I can achieve this without affecting credit score

The only significant effect would be on your utilizaiton, which we don't know.  

$95AF is a big for a card you don't use much.  

Why close the Sears MC? They have good deals on deffered interest if you need any major appliances or such.  The only fee is $25 if you want the rewards, whcih you can skip if low usage. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.